RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Win XP mode Virtual PC  (Read 12054 times)

Offline chelseaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Win XP mode Virtual PC
« on: April 27, 2011, 11:58:15 am »
 ;D Not even gonna start this topic tonight. Virtual XP on Windows 7. Great idea until you update.
Original file started out at 500MB, No problem for a half decent pc,and downloaded quickly.
What they didnt tell you is that you have approx 170 XP updates to update,including service packs/updates to service packs. Then you add usual Flash/reader/antivirus prog,+others. Its just like doing a complete install of a new OS.
Got all that done,have my oldest game GT Legends installed after finding a good copy of direct X 8.1. Maybe Burnout Paradise and Need for Speed most wanted will be easier. Havent even tried to install my Wingman FF GP wheel yet [rolleyes]
Still theres hope. >:D
Anyone thats done this before,please give a shout and help.
cheers
MAN U eat your heart out.
CHELSEA is here to sort your problems

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
Re: Win XP mode Virtual PC
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 02:01:52 pm »
That's one of the reasons why I don't recommend winXP anymore. If you're installing it on a new machine (virtual or not, I just mean in general), it takes ages to finish updating and installing all the drivers.

Win7 comes packed with A LOT more drivers and has much better device recognition, the best of any windows OS I've seen.

Offline chelseaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 10:20:03 am »
 ;D Think the power adapter on Wingman steering wheel maybe caput! Checking it out
cheers

After using vista 64 ultimate and now win 7 pro I find little or no difference in speed. Yes looks better,but for the price NO!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:35:24 am by chelseaman »
MAN U eat your heart out.
CHELSEA is here to sort your problems

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 03:59:59 pm »
Sorry to hear that :/

Offline Ginsiou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 02:24:32 am »
That's one of the reasons why I don't recommend winXP anymore. If you're installing it on a new machine (virtual or not, I just mean in general), it takes ages to finish updating and installing all the drivers.

Win7 comes packed with A LOT more drivers and has much better device recognition, the best of any windows OS I've seen.

I think Windows 7 will work much better than Vista on that laptop and Windows XP will be even faster. You may have a problem with drivers though, you will just have to try it and see. But anything will be better than Vista.