Author Topic: Ability To Treat Full Stops (Periods) As Spaces  (Read 13274 times)

Offline Eggbert43

• View Profile
Ability To Treat Full Stops (Periods) As Spaces
« on: September 08, 2016, 07:43:51 pm »

Would it be possible to implement an option or even just a RarBG Script that can see periods as spaces, & spaces as periods?

I've noticed this interchangeability works quite well due to the huge amount of uploaders (still living in the 20th Century) who conform to old school file system conventions. It also makes sense because periods are mostly seen in place of spaces as such: Mr.Robot.S02...

A search for Mr.Robot.S02 in BitChe 3.5 Plus Edition doesn't pulls up any of the results I need from RarBG, so I am required to visit the RarBG website. A quick search there reveals all the torrents missing from the BitChe results....

Then I think, which other sites aren't showing me the goods in BitChe?

ThePirateBay is another example that have always used this character interchangeability & it really makes things easier...

I was really surprised to stumble across this anomaly recently, & havn't been as enthusiastic since....

Any thoughts, please anyone..?

Phil

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: Ability To Treat Full Stops (Periods) As Spaces
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 12:21:58 am »
hi there, is it possible to better explain the missing results? when I test, I don't see anything missing.
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline Eggbert43

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 12:40:29 am »

Yes, that I can, I made a typo sorry....

When I said "A search for Mr.Robot.S02 in BitChe 3.5 Plus Edition doesn't pulls up any of the results I need from RarBG"

I meant to say "A search for Mr Robot S02 in BitChe 3.5 Plus Edition doesn't pulls up any of the results I need from RarBG"

Without the periods/full stops....

But now, it seems RARBG isn't returning any results for me at all so that's a bigger problem....

I'm a bit lost as to how I should install adult & hidden sscripts, I think I may have impaired many of the default scripts by attempting to enable additional scripts etc

Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks...!

Phil

Offline Eggbert43

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 09:43:20 pm »

Seems to be searching/finding periods/spaces interchangeably now, from RarBG (wasn't looking elsewhere), perhaps an update fixed it up.....

So, all good, no need to worry....

Still can't find any guidance on enabling extra scripts though....?

Offline brantlee0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 10:55:37 pm »
Truly! Exactly what the opener this article had been with regard to my personal scenario. A good deal loved, saved, When i can’t look forward to far more!   ASTM level 3

Offline Schamber

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 03:50:11 pm »
Is it possible to better explain the missing results?

IndigoCard Login
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 01:38:44 pm by Schamber »