RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: NextGen Consoles: The War has begun!  (Read 26619 times)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
NextGen Consoles: The War has begun!
« on: December 14, 2006, 05:22:50 am »
Interesting statistics:

Anyone own one of these bad boys? Any regrets on which one you bought? I still haven't played with a Wii or a PS3 yet, but I'm pretty sure I would get a Wii over a PS3.. 
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

SHEEPFISH

xbox 360 vs ps3
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 02:44:08 pm »
a great battle...but wii is here too!

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
Re: NextGen Consoles: The War has begun!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 12:22:36 am »
I have a Wii, will probabily get an XBox 360 if I get a job next year.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

kujo

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 12:32:05 am »
Based on your figures and the time that the consoles have been on the market I'd say the wii looks the most promising to win. It has been on the market the least ammount of time and has already sold a massive volume of consoles. The PS3 seems to be performing poorly by comparison, its been released for longer but has sold far less unts. Eveen though it has not been released in europe yet I don't think the sales figures (if it had) would benearly enough to catch up with the wii based on a projection of the current sales figures of the PS3. All in all the wii has sold more units in a shorter space of time than the X-box and PS3. The only way the PS3 may win on sales could be that it is selling slowly due to shortages of the console however the longer it is delayed the more market share will be lost to the others. I'd say watch out sony if things dont change you'll loose the home console crown!

Prokoph

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 03:27:02 pm »
If M$ past actions has any reflection on what they will do (Zune, IE 7, Vista), I look forward to the coming copycat add-ons to XBOX 360 like a motion sensitive Gun, Sword Handle, and a nice price drop to drive the nail into Sony's home console casket.

Sera AX

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 11:41:21 am »
I just got my Xbox 360 yesterday.
The Media Center Extender functions were the big draw, and I got a good deal.
Even so I picked up Kameo and Viva PiƱata.

The focus on action games make it a weak primary gaming solution, but Sony seems to have lost their way and I am still waiting for Nintendo to prove the merit of the motion control interface.

I can't wait to see how this "war" goes, we consumers are sure to be the real winners.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 07:25:34 pm by Alix »

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 01:49:47 pm »
That site looks a bit rubbish now... You posted that on the 15th December, and the Wii has only increased by 74 consoles. I think that much would have been sold in my local area over the holiday period let alone the world.

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 01:56:47 pm »
That site looks a bit rubbish now... You posted that on the 15th December, and the Wii has only increased by 74 consoles. I think that much would have been sold in my local area over the holiday period let alone the world.

Yes, well I'm a Nintendo fan and somewhat sceptical about the figure in the first place.

This article does its best to try and keep the figures updated to the latest info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28seventh_generation%29
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

gremsoldier

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 08:55:13 pm »
Right now its a toss up for me between the 360 and the Wii. it all depends on what type of games you like and how much you like/promote inavation. The 360 is gonna have the more violent titles of course. But you gotta give it to nintendo for redefining the console interface. with the 360 costing $400(live ready w/Harddrive) and the Wii only $250, well if money is the question.....duh. but if not, why not get both. thats my plan, got the 360, love it(get Live, multi-player is always the best).lol, peace

kyopedlr

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 12:00:29 am »
I am all for PS3, even if it is highly expensive, in shortage, and won't release any "newFolder" that I can watch in blueRay.

-kyopedlr

texasboy

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 07:20:34 am »
You all probably have this info in front of you. Click headers/links for  more.

http://www.virginmedia.com/games/ps3/news/
hope this will help someone.
cheers

MinLo

Wii VS PS3 VS XBOX360
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 07:05:13 pm »
Does anyone know a recent article showing numbers of the video game sales for these three???

Ghezus

MinLo

Re: Wii VS PS3 VS XBOX360
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 04:25:13 pm »
Thanks........Google is my best friend  ;D

ButI was hoping somebody had a site with sales per month or something more graphical.........I searched but haven't been happy with my search results...... >:(

I'm contemplating on buying a Wii but I'm still unsure.......I like the PS3 but the price tag is waaaay outta my range on what I wanna pay..........I might just get a PS2 so I can play my Madden and NCAA....I'm thought I heard that Madden 07 for the Wii didn't have online capabilities but I havn't checked to see if the 08 version will....I have a GC but Madden is missing a button/action that all the other consoles have and NCAA isn't carried on the GC.........Plus there isn't any online functions on the GC.....I can get Madden 08 on the computer but I can't get NCAA 08..........

MinLo

Re: Wii VS PS3 VS XBOX360
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 07:52:49 pm »
I found one..........http://www.vgchartz.com/.........