Author Topic: NextGen Consoles: The War has begun!  (Read 26626 times)

texasboy

Re: Wii VS PS3 VS XBOX360
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 07:03:03 am »
 ;D ;D ;D Maybe of some interest to you gamers.lol
http://www.virginmedia.com/games/e32007/
Just trying to help ;D
cheers

hanns-g

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 05:06:22 am »
hi ! i know the wii is outselling ps3 3to1 and they are great fun.

Tzalemoth

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 09:45:25 am »
hi ! i know the wii is outselling ps3 3to1 and they are great fun.

Hanns-g, while I can't say that the PS3 is gonna be better(that is my own opinion), in the Dec. 2007 edition of EGM, there is an article that shows that Nintendo doesn't care what it puts on their Wii system, cause in their to them, it seems that the only thing that matters is the Royalties they make off the games, not the quality of them.

Page 33 under heading 'Easily Approved' "Wait, did we just say 'approval process'? Our bad. 'Nintendo does not have a formal concept-approval process,' says Majesco Senior Product Manager Liz Buckley."

Then on page 34 under heading 'Pay to Publish' "...everyone knows Nintendo is the place to goto make easy scratch. Bet Nintendo doesn't mind, though. 'If consumers are apt to buy a lot of Wii/DS games per console, Nintendo stands to benefit from the royalties,' says Martin Shkreli, a hedge fund manager at Elea Captial. 'So Nintendo might be betting that the casual gamer will buy more frequently than the hardcore gamer, who probably values replayability, detail, and game length.'"

I'm not saying that all games on the Wii are low quality or not well made, but the majority of them seem, in my own opinion, to be as such. E.G. Ninjabread Man (Wii), Escape from Bug Island (Wii),  Animates (DS), and Chicken Shoot (Wii)

Sorry if this post is too long, but I thought I should share the entirety of my thoughts and readings.

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 11:41:00 am »
I found one..........http://www.vgchartz.com/.........

Lets get Quantum to do the math, sales multiplied by cost of each unit equals how much consumers spent.

TheHalf™

seancwatson

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2008, 03:21:19 pm »
I will never buy another Sony product. If I were to get one as a gift, I'd take it back, get some money for it and buy a Wii and a 360.

Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii.
Halo 3, Gears of War, and Bio Shock for 360.