RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: [Movie] - Rocky Balboa  (Read 10447 times)

Prokoph

[Movie] - Rocky Balboa
« on: December 27, 2006, 01:27:11 am »
A really good movie! If you haven't 'scene' it, grab any of the DVD Screeners because it's definately the best Rocky since the first.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 10:55:41 am by chip! »

Offline MrPook

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rocky Balboa
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 06:38:49 am »
hum hum .... i saw "rocky balboa" yesterday ....
even if i wasnt expecting a good movie, i never thought it would be like this ...
bad play of the actors, no story (do you know rocky still loves boxing ?)

i wont even say more because it would be spoilers ;)

trrntgrl

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 07:32:00 am »
I thought it was a farce and only made for Stallone to get some extra cash.  Can we say 60 yr old boxer? c'mon.  hate a predictable movie with bad acting.  Stallone has never been a good actor.  He just got lucky in the original Rocky cuz it wasn't a bloody Woody Allen, gangster or disco movie.  [In my humble opinion].

Cinderella Man was a much better boxing movie as was Million Dollar Baby.  But nothing will ever match the all time greatest boxing movie.....

The Raging Bull

terminator333333

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 05:02:00 pm »
I thought this movie was very well done..It had a lot of meaning...Look at Gearge Foreman  he came back in his old age to box...It's a passion that a lot of sports entertainers keep in their heart,just like acting it's not always the money it's what people enjoy doing..Keeps them young.. ;D :D ;D

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 10:15:50 pm »
I thought it was a farce and only made for Stallone to get some extra cash.  Can we say 60 yr old boxer? c'mon.  hate a predictable movie with bad acting.  Stallone has never been a good actor.  He just got lucky in the original Rocky cuz it wasn't a bloody Woody Allen, gangster or disco movie.  [In my humble opinion].

Cinderella Man was a much better boxing movie as was Million Dollar Baby.  But nothing will ever match the all time greatest boxing movie.....

The Raging Bull

I hardly see Raging Bull as a Boxing movie, it was more of a good drama I reckon.

I thought Rocky Balboa was as expected, nothing more, nothing less. I guess I'm a small fan of the series.

Rocky (1976) was released in the same year as Taxi Driver, and I still see it as a more superior film. It just seems to be 'cool' to like Taxi Driver these days.

terminator333333

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 12:55:49 am »
If you put it that way i would agree..I think Robert deneiro is a great actor by far.   ;D ;D ;D ;D :D

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 12:31:11 pm »
Yes he is. Although lately he seems to be playing the same role over and over. Although his role in his movie The Good Shepard was good.