Author Topic: Man ordered to wear "sex offender" T-shirt for 22 Months at Work  (Read 7861 times)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Man ordered to wear "sex offender" T-shirt for 22 Months at Work
« on: November 06, 2006, 07:54:55 am »
http://feeds.reuters.com/~r/reuters/oddlyEnoughNews/~3/45761679/newsarticle.aspx

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A Delaware judge on Friday ordered a man who twice exposed himself to a 10-year-old girl at his workplace to wear a T-shirt with the words: "I am a registered sex offender" in bold letters, a prosecutor said.

Russell Teeter, 69, who pleaded guilty to two counts of indecent exposure, also was sentenced to 60 days in jail by Superior Court Judge Jan Jurden in Wilmington.

Deputy Attorney General Donald Roberts said he requested the unusual T-shirt punishment because he was concerned about Teeter exposing himself to children at the gardening business he runs with his wife.

"This is a unique way to let his customers know that he is a sex offender," Roberts told Reuters.

Roberts said Teeter had at least 10 prior convictions dating back to 1976 for exposing himself to children and had been diagnosed as a compulsive exhibitionist.

Teeter, who has 30 days to appeal the sentence, will have to wear the T-shirt at work for 22 months after he gets out of jail.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 07:57:19 am by chip! »
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

josh

Re: Man ordered to wear "sex offender" T-shirt for 22 Months at Work
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 03:32:03 am »
Watch it show up in like skate stores or something :)

I know I'd wear one. That'd be pretty funny actually :)

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: Man ordered to wear "sex offender" T-shirt for 22 Months at Work
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 12:52:46 pm »
Ask Tex if you can borrow his Josh ::)

:D