RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Little cars with big ideas  (Read 11440 times)

texasboy

Little cars with big ideas
« on: January 09, 2007, 08:41:01 am »
 ;D Getting faster every day.

Hottest Ever Corsa

Vauxhall has pulled the wraps off the ultimate version of the Corsa - the long awaited VXR.

The performance flagship of the range is every inch a hot hatchback, with a 0-60mph time of just 6.8 seconds.

The mirrors, front foglamp surrounds and centre-exit exhaust tailpipe all have a triangular theme, while the aggressive front and rear bumpers are unique to this model.

Sweeping side skirts and an angular roof spoiler help accentuate the three-door Corsa's already muscular design, while a mesh front grille, blue-painted brake callipers and optional 18-inch alloys further set off the VXR's performance appearance.

The interior is dominated by the sculpted, shell-backed Recaro sports seats and the race-car style flat-bottomed steering wheel.

Drilled alloy pedals, piano black trim on the facia and unique VXR detailing on the dials and gear lever make sure the Corsa VXR looks as nifty inside as it does on the outside.

Power comes from a compact 1.6-litre turbocharged engine, developing 190bhp and giving the VXR a top speed if 140mph.

The latest Corsa will make its public debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March, and will be available from Vauxhall dealers from mid-March. Prices will be announced nearer to the launch date.

© 2007 Hoot! Newslink Ltd.
Not bad for a family car.
cheers

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
Re: Little cars with big ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 01:33:20 pm »

A family car? You couldn't fit the cat in that let alone a family!

cissie

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 04:31:32 am »
What a lovely little car.. i wouldn't mind one like that.. i have a V6 and its old.. but good motor.. running it into the ground.. would love a little beauty like that one though.

texasboy

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 08:23:43 am »
 ;D As you get older, Two adults in the front seats,2 children in the back,and still room for the cat.lol
www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/vxr/flash/index.html -
cheers

cissie

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 01:05:55 pm »
Well.. there is just me in my car.. kids have flown the nest.. spread their butterfly wings and gone.. and i don't like cats.. dog person me.. more trusting and friendly.  Plus a cat doesn't fetch a stick at the beach.,. haha.. So my family car is just for lil ol me.  hehe..

texasboy

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 07:34:25 am »
Well.. there is just me in my car.. kids have flown the nest.. spread their butterfly wings and gone.. and i don't like cats.. dog person me.. more trusting and friendly.  Plus a cat doesn't fetch a stick at the beach.,. haha.. So my family car is just for lil ol me.  hehe..

::) Cats are clean an affectionate, dogs leave messages on the beach and owners are reluctant to put the message in a bottle.. :(
cheers

cissie

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 04:30:19 pm »
Not me.. always took a plastic bag to take the messages home with me.  I hate it when people leave all that stuff around.. but then again.. we have cats that climb our fence.. and kill the harmless little green tree frogs and native birds.. i think they should be kept in a cat run. Wish i had another dog to chase them away again..  :)

texasboy

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 06:34:21 am »
Not me.. always took a plastic bag to take the messages home with me.  I hate it when people leave all that stuff around.. but then again..

It takes a certain kind of person to be able to put their hands into a thin plastic bag and try to gently grab hot steaming pooh. 8)  Because no matter how careful you are ,you are always leaving traces of feces on the ground that some little child will stumble on. And we all know how this can even kill.! You don't have to follow a house trained cat around,the frogs and birds will always survive despite the natural hunting instincts of our feline friends.
cheers

cissie

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 03:19:22 pm »
Not when your dog lives in your own house and garden.. if everyone looked after their dogs the way i picked up after mine.. there wouldn't be a problem.. there will always be problems like that in the world.. it annoys me too when on the beach if i step into some ickies.. yukk.. not nice. >:(

Offline OliverQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2021, 09:38:13 pm »
For those who want to buy a car and make sure it fits the description, there is Vinchain. There is also a wallet on the website where you can check the vinchain price. You will be pleased with the price, considering all the reports the company provides about the car.