RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Windows 7 Drive Problem  (Read 22547 times)

Offline peacefulguy

• View Profile
Re: Windows 7 Drive Problem
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 05:36:23 pm »
Yep it was a 64 bit instal and I tried both AHCI and compatability modes for it and it still didnt work, even Lenovo forum had no answers. Maybe the lesson here is dont buy a cheap laptop lol  :D

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 10:14:06 am »
When you changed the mode, did you re-install windows?

I just set it to compatibility mode and installed Windows 7 32 bit, everything is working fine now.

When running AHCI on 64bit it ran fine, but when it was on AHCI, windows 7 32bit didn't detect it even though I had re-installed windows 7 with those settings. It beats me how an OS installs with a particular drive and then the drive just disappears afterward.

lting77

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 08:10:50 am »
install a vm of windows xp (not sure if win7's xp mode can help) and then see if you can burn
the .iso from within

i've been an using ancient old flatbed scanner that for barely runs in xp, but now gets by running in a xp vm
sure it is clunky, ghetto and sloooooooow....but i saved ~30 bucks

Offline Whysocky123

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2024, 08:56:50 pm »
Even a cheap laptop will do if you plan to use it for online learning and language learning. Thanks to various platforms like Promova, as well as special apps https://promova.com/app/ios-language-learning-app, you can easily start learning English right now, constantly improving and pumping up your skills and knowledge. It's cool when such opportunities are available to everyone.