Author Topic: Your favorite sandwich  (Read 46393 times)

gibbler1010

Re: Your favorite sandwich
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2007, 01:15:06 pm »
Don't be knockin my  subway...lol  :-* .. I just happen to be the General Manager of one of those fine establishments..lol

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2007, 02:03:17 pm »
...would be a 8 inch (shut-up) toasted roll with cappicola, hot pepperjack cheese, roastbeef, hot peppers, oil (no mayo), no lettuce and a lil lovin from Rosalie who prepared my sandwich.  lol  ;D

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2007, 06:56:01 pm »
...would be a 8 inch (shut-up) toasted roll with cappicola, hot pepperjack cheese, roastbeef, hot peppers, oil (no mayo), no lettuce and a lil lovin from Rosalie who prepared my sandwich.  lol  ;D

well go and have one at Gibblers place, she will give yer a bit of lovin Half.....he he he

gibbler1010

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2007, 01:17:02 am »

well go and have one at Gibblers place, she will give yer a bit of lovin Half.....he he he

moron :D

cissie

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2007, 11:27:41 am »
sorry Gibbler, but I only ever had two subways and didn't like it.  The bread is terrible, over processed, and the trimmings, well they just don't taste right.  One was in the States, where most of the bread has too much sugar in it, and doesn't taste like bread, and the other was here in Oz, but they must have the same prepacked bread mix to make the rolls.  May be better if you take your own roll.

I have found a new favourite sandwich.

Peanut Butter and salad.  No meat.  Wholegrain bread, spread with peanut butter, lettuce, onion, tomato, cucumber & grated carrot.... mmmmm licious.

gibbler1010

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2007, 03:35:12 pm »
well sometimes when you go to some subways stores the people do not know how to make the bread properly.. as far as fixings? every place is different.. different states cater to what is popular to that area..  some places have different cheeses etc.. :) peppers.. the list goes on.

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2007, 10:55:48 pm »
Personally, Subway is fine, but over priced for what it is. If you go to the supermarket you could make a few sandwiches for the same price as one from Subway -- plus you REALLY get to choose what's in it then.

Also, as a 'fast food' type of place, it's not filling enough! 99% of fast food actually tastes terrible these days anyway, but at least if you pay $7 in Burger King you get somewhat full, but you only get a taster for that in Subway.

gibbler1010

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007, 12:19:01 pm »
how much does it take to fill you?..lol .. A foot long sandwich meal is more than enough for most :D

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2007, 12:26:38 pm »
It's not so much Subway or Quiznos, but the local deli that caters to you every day because your a regular there. I like a good sandwich once a week (with a cold Gatorade) whether it be hot or cold.

MinLo

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2007, 12:28:51 pm »
Personally, Subway is fine, but over priced for what it is. If you go to the supermarket you could make a few sandwiches for the same price as one from Subway -- plus you REALLY get to choose what's in it then.

But if you figure in time and labor, it would probably end up being about the same value.......I agree you get a better variety in choices but I have always loved Subway's bread........

Also, as a 'fast food' type of place, it's not filling enough! 99% of fast food actually tastes terrible these days anyway, but at least if you pay $7 in Burger King you get somewhat full, but you only get a taster for that in Subway.

$7, WOW thats alot of BK!!!......I can spend four to five dollars and be full....lol

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2007, 12:22:50 pm »
You've got to remember I've never ordered BK in the US so have no idea what the price is in your money...

And no matter what your lawyer is telling you, time doesn't cost money?

And gibbler what I'm saying is, if you order enough to fill you up, it's expensive!

It just seems the healthier something is, the more expensive it is. You pay more money to get less food because it's healthy. The worst examples of this are in supermarkets, 2L of coke is cheaper that 600ml of water.

MinLo

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2007, 01:04:26 pm »
If your going by 7 NZ dollars in your post it would equal out to 4.91 us dollars, so I guess that isn't that bad

And no matter what your lawyer is telling you, time doesn't cost money?

Lawyer?????....... ??? :D ;D.........

First off I didn't include money, I put value.......Two different things.......But lets assume I did put money instead of value, I think it would still make sense.....

Convenience cost money, which if something is more convenient it allows you to use your time another way that you could feel that is more valueble........Maybe lawyers and I only think that way

Cars~thousands, Bikes~hundreds.......Both forms of transportation.....hmmmm.....Could one of the factors for their price be different because one's more convenient  ??? ??? ???........maybe, maybe not........

If could I cut time from something thats boring to spend time something more meaningful.....i.e. spend time with my daughter instead of going to work, I would save up my money to pay the cost..........When you get older, time is defiently worth money, maybe since your younger EB you don't realize that........I remember back before my twenties and it seemed like time was plentiful.........nowdays I wish there was more than 24/hrs a day
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 01:29:48 pm by MinLo »

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2007, 12:38:00 pm »
...I think you've blown this WAY out of proportion!!!  ::)

I'm talking about the difference in time between
A. Making a sandwich
B. Going to subway

And just as a note, I would do anything so that I wouldn't have to sleep. There would be so much more time to do the things that I want and have to do.

Anyway besides the point lol! Time is worth money if you're working or not... although TECHNICALLY I could also argue that by the time you drive to subway (you have money for petrol too) you would spend the same time as if you stayed wherever you were and made a sandwich.

ANYWAY my preference is to not have subway... haha

PS: A car is about 5x the size of a bike... hence more expensive  ???

MinLo

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2007, 01:17:52 pm »
To be able to make a sandwich at your house, you'd have to go and buy the food from the grocery store.........
Somebody would have to do it if you didn't.........
Nowdays in the states you can get groceries through the internet and have them delivered  ;D (but two days later), but all the products are marked higher than if you went to a supermarket chain  >:(..........

So the time would equal each other out to get the products or to have it prepared........
Unless of course Subway is 15 miles away while the grocery store is across the street....... :D

I didn't try to blow anything outta proportion  8) but I thought it would be easier for you to understand if I tried to be descriptive as possible..... ;D....Instead of making a smart a$$ comment back to you, I thought by being logical it would help you comprehend what I was stating... :).....I'm still lost by the lawyer statement because you made it sound like time isn't worth money but last post you say it is worth money ???  ???   8)......

The size would be one of the MANY factors of the price difference between cars and bike...... :P

MinLo

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2007, 01:21:35 pm »
My second favorite sandwich would have to be a Triple Crunch Zinger w/ cheese from KFC.........My mouth is watering as I type......... ;D