Author Topic: Firefox Extensions  (Read 7624 times)

Sera AX

Firefox Extensions
« on: January 12, 2007, 11:47:18 pm »
I used to have an extension that allowed me to put tool bar icons pretty much any place I wished.
Specifically I placed an "undo closed tab" icon (supplied by another extension) at the far right end of the tabbar.

I lost track of it some time ago, and haven't been able to find it.

There are a few extensions that offer similar functionality, but I have been unable to place the "undo close tab" icon on the tabbar.

Any help would be great, I use Mozilla Firefox 2 (FR), English-only extensions are fine.

---------

Aside from this, I am offering this space for anyone to recommend useful extensions to me or anyone else.
If there are a few posts in this direction then I will come back with my own favourite extensions.

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
Re: Firefox Extensions
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 01:48:01 am »
On to the "tab bar" you say. Hmm, never seen anything that does that because the tab bar is open by default so it causes unnatural browser behaviour.

Your best chance of finding something like that is checking out and asking on this forum: http://forums.mozillazine.org/
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Sera AX

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 08:03:03 am »
Hmm, never seen anything that does that because the tab bar is open by default so it causes unnatural browser behaviour.

I'm sorry, I just don`t understand what you mean.

I went to that site and looked around a bit.
The extension I used before was called "Toolbar Enhancements", which hasn't been updated since Fx 1.0

There is a more recent extension based on the older one called "Toolbar Control", but it seems to be unable to meet my needs.

Thank you for your help, I believe I will have to bookmark that site.

kyopedlr

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 04:45:42 pm »
Sorry if I am late, I am not quite sure what you are talking about. However, if you can remember the name of the extension it would help a lot. Is it something like this:

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=226
-kyopedlr

Sera AX

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 05:52:16 pm »
Thanks, but I have that function covered.
What I was needing was a greater level of control over the placement of icons of the tool bars.
Such as how you can't place a button on the tab bar, I used the "undo close tab" button as an example as I used to have this on my tab bar.