Author Topic: CPU cooler  (Read 11552 times)

texasboy

CPU cooler
« on: January 15, 2007, 07:07:56 am »
I just installed  an Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro unto my Pentium 4 extreme socket 775. Why?? Because it was cheap £10.68 ($19).It runs very quiet in default.
If some of you more technically minded folks could take a look at the following figures and tell me if all is ok.
Temps
cpu-31
sys 22
pvm-40
CPU fan1020rpm 1.24v-1.35v
ext clock standard 200mhz v-core 1.3875v
pciex 100mhz ddrv 1.80v
3d clock
Default core settings485mhz
Default mem settings 1300mhz
Can adjust both of these to 510 and 1435 or more and still very stable. Only small fluctations in temp 2-3c.
These figures are well within safe margins on  NIVIDEA  Gainward 6800 GS GLH 512MB  PCIEX cards.

Any thoughts?
cheers
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 08:09:21 am by texasboy »

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
Re: CPU cooler
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 10:35:47 am »
That's quite good temperatures for a Pentium 4, always used to be a struggle to keep their temps down, but you can get some pretty good and quiet fans these days  :)
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 01:42:13 pm »
I'm amazed at these new fans. I can't tell if my computer is on or not unless I sit right next to the case!

texasboy

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 05:36:50 am »
That's quite good temperatures for a Pentium 4, always used to be a struggle to keep their temps down, but you can get some pretty good and quiet fans these days  :)
Thanks Quantum, I had forgotten that when I read these temps that I was already running the higher core and mem settings, Though to be fair  I have other fans inside case plus the ones on the cards. Very quiet as Night WatchMan mentioned. I did find that the Artic Cooler was much larger than anticipated and had to cut part of the tunnel plastic guide from the extreme edition cpu fan to make room. Is it better to keep Nividea settings on default for fan, as I have several choices of-normal,quiet, user settings 1,2,3.and turbo??
cheers

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 08:57:56 am »
Thanks Quantum, I had forgotten that when I read these temps that I was already running the higher core and mem settings, Though to be fair  I have other fans inside case plus the ones on the cards. Very quiet as Night WatchMan mentioned. I did find that the Artic Cooler was much larger than anticipated and had to cut part of the tunnel plastic guide from the extreme edition cpu fan to make room. Is it better to keep Nividea settings on default for fan, as I have several choices of-normal,quiet, user settings 1,2,3.and turbo??
cheers

Well higher setting don't often increase the temperature that much unless you are doing something with it, you can't really judge what kind of impact higher settings have on the temperature until you compare them under the conditions of a strong benchmark program.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 06:58:39 pm »
That a boy Tex! Tex is getting a lil more savy with his PC's  ;D anyhoo Tex run Everest and paste the results (abbreviated version) here.

texasboy

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 09:17:19 am »
That a boy Tex! Tex is getting a lil more savy with his PC's  ;D anyhoo Tex run Everest and paste the results (abbreviated version) here.

;D.Got ligitimate version of Everest on family pc downstairs,but only trial version up here, which doesnt show everything. Copy to CD,e-mail to myself ? How can I get complete program transfered. Most times if you copy to cd it doesnt allow complete picture.
Abbreviated?, without giving too much personal details.
cheers

kyopedlr

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 04:43:41 pm »
How can I get complete program transfered. Most times if you copy to cd it doesnt allow complete picture.
cheers

what is your e~mail?

-kyopedlr

texasboy

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 08:58:27 am »
How can I get complete program transfered. Most times if you copy to cd it doesnt allow complete picture.
cheers

what is your e~mail?

-kyopedlr
Tks.read yours now.
cheers

kyopedlr

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 03:26:53 pm »
I did... I wouldn't be complaining if we got more "Asuka" or "Nana" type chicks...

-kyopedlr