Author Topic: Anti Spyware/Adware  (Read 76554 times)

forwhat84

Anti Spyware/Adware
« on: January 21, 2007, 04:08:10 am »
Anti Spyware/Adware
If you have anything else that you would like to add to this list, please reply to this thread.

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
Re: Anti Spyware/Adware
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 01:22:47 pm »
Diet K? lol Convivea/Chip are the creators of Diet K! Go to the Diet K website and see where you end up!

Again Wikipedia has a couple more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Spyware_removal

But I think we'd all agree that combined use of Ad-Aware and Spybot are the best.

kyopedlr

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 09:55:03 pm »
dietk isn't spyware removal... it only removed ads and stuff from kazaa. I don't think it belongs in antispyware... that is... correct me if I am wrong.

-kyopedlr

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 12:15:16 am »
dietk isn't spyware removal... it only removed ads and stuff from kazaa. I don't think it belongs in antispyware... that is... correct me if I am wrong.

-kyopedlr

Erm yeah, but read the title, it belongs in anti-adware  :P
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

kyopedlr

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 02:45:42 am »
it protected from spyware? OH yhea... the little firewall thingy... I remember now... I don't remember if the program is still being distrubited though....

-kyopedlr

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 11:33:29 am »
There was a point in time where I loved GIANT Anti-Spyware. This was of course ruined when Microsoft bought them out and turned it into Windows Defender just recently.

I HATE WINDOWS DEFENDER.

Microsoft Anti-spyware was cool at first, but after they changed the GUI from what GIANT had, everything has been going downhill.

Ad-Aware and SpyBot are still the best, plus an occasional Spy Sweeper.

azngosu

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 03:01:11 pm »
anyone know if Ad-Ware SE personal is any different from the upgraded one? like doesi t scan more deeper and remove better or is it just the same with better features.

Offline coma

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 04:42:29 am »
ParetoLogic Anti-Spyware seems decent to me

MrshGold

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 01:53:26 am »
I am an IT professional.
I build, upgrade, support and troubleshoot computers for a living.
After personally trying almost ALL of the Anti Spyware products, my hands down recommendation is Webroot Spysweeper.  It's companion product Webroot Window Washer is also best in class for cleaning up garbage left over from browsing and temp files and such.  I encourage all to try both of these products if you want the best protection for your PC.

Exous

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 11:01:40 am »
Being an IT professional doesn't say much imo, sounds more like making a commercial, I myself use the free versions of Spybot and Adaware in Combination with free AVG antivirus, for me that is more than enough protection on my pc as I'm behind a router.
Also I don't like the idea of running more than 2 programs that do almost the exact same thing, but adaware and spybot fill each other up pretty well I must say, expecially for free software!

zhaine177

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 07:41:45 pm »
I disagree. I find that SuperAntiSpyware is the best one of all.Try it its unbelievably informed and very secure. Saves my ass all the time.

oceaneagle

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 06:43:47 pm »
Reading through everyone's preferences I get the impression that it's all in the eye of the beholder. I use both Malaware and Spybot. I also run them both over every file I download and also use Norton to virus check too. So far these have kept me free of 'nasties' although they have found a few.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 08:19:54 am »
After using Norton for years, I finally discarded it (on the advice of an IT professional) and installed Avast free antivirus. this software works perfectly, plus I'm behind a router ;D

Offline death

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 10:15:34 am »
I have a rule of thumb that if you stay away from RAR and ZIP files you are most likely not going to get a virus from downloading. Also its always best to scan what you download before opening or extracting any type of downloaded program.  I use the Avast also works fine for me plus I run spybot.

micktea2003

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 07:40:34 pm »
I,m supprised malwarebytes is on the list