RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Antivirus Software  (Read 168511 times)

forwhat84

Antivirus Software
« on: January 21, 2007, 04:11:48 am »
Antivirus Software
If you have anything else that you would like to add to this list, please reply to this thread.

texasboy

Re: Antivirus Software
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 07:16:14 am »
Antivirus Software
If you have anything else that you would like to add to this list, please reply to this thread.

For most of us you can defintely take Norton,McAfee,Kaspersky ,off the list.Too domainiing. Norton is supplied with most over the counter PC`s and if used doesnt like intereference from other programs. I killed off my supplied antivirus programmes (AVG free,very good) and have now settled in with Nod32. No problems.
cheers

cissie

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 05:51:42 am »
I agree Tex.  I use AVG find it more than adequate.. i am networked to a much bigger machine, and it runs Nod 32, amongst other things.. we also found that Norton doesn't like some programs and usually when people have problems with their PC's it is sometimes just related to the fact that they have Norton. 
PC cillin is good.. i know that is used here too.. i must admit i don't pay too much attention to whats inside.. as long as i go along smoothly.  I did have a major crash end of last year, and my pc had to be cleaned out totally.. i didn't have any virus programme at that stage, and now am more than happy with AVG.

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 11:36:25 am »
I think Norton Corporate is pretty decent. Not bogged down with all the interface crap that the normal version has. They're very very different..

Then again, I haven't used an Anti-Virus in years, maybe I should try AVG again. I used it when it first came out and it was crap. It was ugly, hard to use, and "locked" viruses instead of deleting them. I never did understand that system, maybe some of you will remember that huge story I wrote about why I love Norton because it saved my butt when I was trying to use AVG and got a virus.

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 02:52:55 am »
You Missed the Best Free One

Active Virus Shield By AOL (LOL)
http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivirus/freeav/index.adp?

Some Kaspersky users may recognize this :)

Blackfox

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 06:15:06 am »
I actually disagree Kapersky definatly one of the best.. For shear usage and pliable protection it equals Zonealrm but with better antvirus. I agree that most only need AGV or similar but if you comit to loads of Internet time and rarely reboot, then you need somthing that will keep your machine protected 247.

texasboy

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 09:20:44 am »
I actually disagree Kapersky definatly one of the best.. For shear usage and pliable protection it equals Zonealrm but with better antvirus. I agree that most only need AGV or similar but if you comit to loads of Internet time and rarely reboot, then you need somthing that will keep your machine protected 247.

;D most of us need at least 5 hours sleep per night,and schedule our antivirus to run at a specific time. Unless you are downloading music/videos 365 days per year 24/7, NOD32or AVG is more than adequate.
cheers

MinLo

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 11:53:13 am »
I'm sorda lost with what your saying..........I'm assuming that you had a lot of typos in you post.........

I actually disagree Kapersky definatly one of the best.. For shear usage and pliable protection it equals Zonealrm but with better antvirus.

The best thing about Zone Alarm is that there is a free edition for a firewall, but we're talking about AntiVirus products here........

ZA has a AV product but since it's not free I've never really went out of my way to try it........Kapersky has a firewall but that also not free so same as above for reasoning of not trying it......I have never seen rave reviews on either also........

I agree that most only need AGV or similar but if you comit to loads of Internet time and rarely reboot, then you need somthing that will keep your machine protected 247.

Your machine would be protected aslong as you update your virus program frequently......Having your computer on for an 1hr a day or having it on 365 days in a row isn't gonna change the chance that you get a virus.....Provided your running a decent AV prog with updated definitions.........

your computer habits time-wise are NOT gonna have much of an effect on which AV you should choose to have your comp protected by........ besides the fact that if your computer is off you can't DL/open attachments ......
The biggest factor obviously is knowing what your downloading/attachments u open........having a clue about how big the file should be or knowing your source would help also.......Most computer experts don't even need an AV, I'm not that gifted yet....lol...........

I've had three viruses in 6 years with my comp.......2 of them were within my first three months of using my computer, before running into DK, slyck, other forums..........1 was because I was being stupid and tryed to cut corners when I really didn't need to......

It really depends on whats your budget or what program interface suits you best

My opinion from personal trial and by reading other opinions would be
Free.....AVG
PAID......Nod-32
Cracked........ Nod 32

Right now I use McAfee because it came free with the internet service
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 12:02:55 pm by MinLo »

texasboy

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 09:36:56 am »
The bottom line is.--- Why do I need to pay fpr an antivirus program when these free setups will catch any major threats.
cheers

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 12:26:57 pm »
The Bottom Line is This thread is about AntiVirus Software not firewalls

The Best available AntiVirus Software is Kaspersky by a long way "Active Virus Shield By AOL" is Kaspersky but re-branded & Free

MinLo

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 01:32:07 pm »
The Bottom Line is This thread is about AntiVirus Software not firewalls

Thats already been stated........

But..........
THE Bottom line is .... :D :D :D......j/k

Depends on your preferences to help decide yer opinion...... 8)

pakodj

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 10:47:32 am »
NOD 32 is the best for all!!!

azngosu

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 02:58:55 pm »
anyone know the best Security build up thats free?

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 11:05:06 pm »
http://www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/default.asp?id=85&mnu=85

Like I said Kaspersky Beats them all

Active Virus Shield = Best Free

free

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 05:51:59 am »
for me is bitdefender ok.
kapeiski & co is to dificult...and panda is bullshit ;-))