Author Topic: Stupid Windows!  (Read 7604 times)

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
Stupid Windows!
« on: February 28, 2007, 10:41:03 am »
sometimes it happens when I hover my house over an icon in the system tray, the bubble message that pops up is behind the start bar. This has happened for as long as I can remember. It usually corrects itself, but does anyone know the cause of this? Am I doing something really stupid or is it really a bug in windows? I haven't been able to come up with the exact steps to create the bug it seems to happen randomly.

If anyone doesn't know what i'm talking about i've attached a screenshot. It happens sometimes with the date too.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 10:44:04 am by Synbios »

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid Windows!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 06:37:39 pm »
happens to me too, I just either click the hell out of it or hover the pointer over the icons until the one it was supposed to be for comes up, then when you move the mouse away it usually disappears. *Stupid Windows*!

MinLo

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 07:02:44 pm »
what version is that Syn???if you have xp and if u want you can disable it >>>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307729.........but it will disable all balloon tips.........

I've had it happen maybe 4 times in 5 years but it's normally when I have a whole bunch of things running and my comp trying to catch up to me....lol

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 10:39:15 pm »
Yep, saw this first time I installed my Windows XP x64, and seen it several times since. Unfortunately Microsoft aren't exactly attentive about small bugs with their OS, so there is no way to seriously report it to them and expect a fix.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 04:10:48 am »
It's XP 32-bit but I just have it on the windows 2000 theme. as far as i can remember, this happened with older versions of windows too.

I don't want to disable all balloon tips but thanks anyway. I was just wondering if it was something obvious that I was missing.