RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Thermal Paste on CPU  (Read 24743 times)

weera

Re: Thermal Paste on CPU
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 03:10:04 am »
Hi guys! :)
So maybe it is the problem why my PC work slower than before. I just repaired my motherboard and I use a thermal paste and I applied alot on it. is it goes to your VGA card?

Hi Weera,
Normally we would apply thermal paste when installing a new CPU(processor) This would be between the heatsink fan and the back of the newly installed socket cpu. Normally a little dab, about the size of a pea is sufficient. As you may have read I applied quite a bit and things heated up etc. What you are basically looking for is a thin smear to transfer the heat to the heatsink fan. Make sure you have the heat sink securely fastened to the motherboard. Clean any of your cards(graphic or ram) before you install and you should be ok.
cheers

I got it Tex! Now I think I should clean it and apply the thermal paste just a bit. Or even a new heat sink fan will do..
Thanks alot. :)

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 03:41:51 am »
Maybe even Billy has forgotten>
For our younger viewers I will explain.
A Sweety Mouse was a very popular piece of candy . It has all the details of a proper mouse and was usually made out of marshmallow coated in fine sugar. Complete with tail/eyes/nose etc you were never quite sure where to take the first bite.lol
A bit sadistic when you pulled its head off.(no pun intended).
Sadly they dont seem to be on the market anymore.
Hope this helps  ;D
cheers

Don't listen to him guys, he's pullin yer pissers!!!
his actual job is to install and repair the machines that insert the tails into tampons.....hence the mouse, tails, etc....but, like you, i'm mystified by his new found tech knowledge.....l suspect that Tex has befriended a computer expert down the pub, and is plying him with drinks so he can pick his brains ;) :D

texasboy

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 05:36:42 am »

Now where did I see a smite button? Such language! 8)
cheers