RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: I Finally Got Caught - HELP  (Read 41054 times)

SpinMachine

Re: I Finally Got Caught - HELP
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 01:50:56 am »
Another option to get rid of AL those nasty agency's that are watching what you download is to download PeerGuardian.

I've been using PG2 since it was released. Either this or BlockList are a MUST HAVE when using torrents.

I can't believe people use torrents without them!

luv

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 03:01:31 am »
Another option to get rid of AL those nasty agency's that are watching what you download is to download PeerGuardian.

I've been using PG2 since it was released. Either this or BlockList are a MUST HAVE when using torrents.

Ok so after reading this I went and d/l peerguardian. Not at all sure how to use it but have it installed. I am guessing that I just open it up when I'm downloading?

Offline olddays1

• Convivea News Anchor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 07:14:47 am »

Ok so after reading this I went and d/l peerguardian. Not at all sure how to use it but have it installed. I am guessing that I just open it up when I'm downloading?

That's correct. Make sure every time you use it you check for and download updates so it can add more addresses to it's block list.

luv

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 10:58:23 am »

That's correct. Make sure every time you use it you check for and download updates so it can add more addresses to it's block list.

Thanks for the tip  ;)

2e0foy

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 03:33:32 am »
first i heard of anyone warned for downloading,have not heard of anyone in the uk.

GraffixPro

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 03:37:38 pm »
I'm from Canada and I've had this happen to me. but now i port my utorrent to ports 1755 or 1720 and ever since i haven't had this problem. Another thing is i hardly download from public trackers because i think they take to long and there also open to everyone and anyone. I'd suggest you use portforward to forward your ports to one of those ports i listed. hope it works and good luck.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 03:50:12 pm by GraffixPro »

Offline Flash703

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 07:52:47 pm »
The one and only time I tried to upload one of my music videos  I received a phone call two days into the upload from my ISP (Insight). They asked me if I had a router or a server because there was an increase in my usage. It was basically a warning shot across my bow. I immediately pulled the video and haven't tried it since. Pity to cuz I would love to share a couple concert video I have of bands that I know are not widely known.

RiffRaff

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 11:35:26 pm »
It monitors al your contacts and automatically refuses all the ip's that are known to be from governmental institutes or anty pear to pear networks, you can even shut out specific ip's and also university ip's an ip ranges.
It is a nice small program not only useful for torrent downloading but also for other sharing systems,
I should take a look at it :)
An important note when using the free program PeerGuardian, is to always UPDATE!!  In my case I have to disable the ip screening and allow HTPP to enable it to update.   I've been using it for several years with no problems and no letters from my isp..

brianne416

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 02:11:55 am »
I have had 5 of those same notices after the thrid one my internet service was cut off. but once i deleted the file  and confirmed it with them it was turned back on.
Since the beginning of Napster I've been downloading music and then later movies.

For the first time, today I received a letter from my ISP explaining that I had got caught downloading moives from Paramount Pictures. I'm going to scan a copy of the letter later today.

It was using BitTorrent, uTorrent more specifically.

Has anyone ever gotten a letter like this? I'd like to hear your situation. I want to find a way I can continue downloading without getting caught again. From what I can tell this letter is only a warning.

I've never had a problem with Comcast at my house in Boston, MA. This happened to me in my apartment in Worcester, MA, with Charter Communications as the ISP. I've had them as my ISP for almost a year now and I've been using BT since I've had it.

Offline kmiros

• BF4
  • NO Pm'S
    • View Profile
    • Me Myself & I
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2020, 10:10:55 am »
I got caught to on CGpeers thru CGPersic.com by Marusel the cat policce over CGCircuit unfortunatlly DIP was there too but its all good in the hood.
The same client for PlamFalbet 0-9
With PR BAR CODE for new Sticker on our frames for his prints.

Best regards,
Your Trully & Sincerelly
Kmiros,

Egon441