Author Topic: [Movie] - 300 *light review*  (Read 8044 times)

Offline MrPook

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
[Movie] - 300 *light review*
« on: March 21, 2007, 08:43:39 am »
hi there, after having seen "300", i really can say it is worth it.
This movie, even with a light plot, is very beautiful.
Long peplum scenes with really fast/slow motions.
I really appreciated it.

I dont want to say more in order not to spoil.

G'night
Pook
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 10:54:49 am by chip! »

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
Re: 300 *light review*
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 07:31:02 pm »
Doesn't come out here for a month, and am looking forward too it after all these good reviews.

kujo

Re: 300 *light review*
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 06:53:50 am »
Saw it yesterday and was slightly dissapointed. Its very very beautiful (FX and landscapes and all the CGI is incredibly impressive), the plot strays a fair bit from the original mythical tale assuming that the comic is not similar (it feels like its been given the 'hollywood touch' a little too much in places ('Die another day' is another good example of a film that has too much of the touch), still enjoyable though if you are aiming for a historical or particularly witty adventure/action film you'd be dissapointed. Spartan + anciant greek culture is very fascinating and could have been used to fill more screen time and give the characters a bit more depth, instead it feels like too much screen time was spent on fighting giant enemies. This would be ok if  you the viewer were given more reason to love/appreciate sparta itself...
Overall a good movie but if STORY and swords is what you are after Lord of the rings still holds the title.

ah_ryan1984

Re: [Movie] - 300 *light review*
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 03:16:38 am »
thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for u