Author Topic: Is vista better than windows XP?  (Read 37262 times)

terminator333333

Is vista better than windows XP?
« on: March 24, 2007, 01:39:56 am »
I'm so used to running windows xp and i'm still happy with it..Not sure about vista though.I'm thinking its a wate of money cause of all the fancy items that they have stored.I dont know though...
lol

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
Re: Is vista better than windows XP?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 12:34:00 pm »
From what I can tell, it's like a happy meal. You pay for the toy, not for the food.  ;)

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 07:29:47 am »
At this point I wouldn't say that vista is necessary.

In order to fully grasph the capability of Vista, you need a very high end system.

As with ALL windows operating systems, they're always no good when they first come out. Bugs and compatbility issues with all your favorite programs to say the least.

IMO, It's better to wait until you get a new, next generation system or when vista becomes more widespread and compatible.

Yes I know you can get the bogged down versions with 32bit, etc, etc but to get the real experience you need a new system.

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 09:24:02 pm »
And that they fix all the problems with HD protection so that you can actually USE that equipment!

travelan

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 05:30:13 am »
It all depends on what you want to do with it. Yes it is safer, the secuirity is higly improved. But the Operating System is much slower than XP. Especially graphics are a pain in the ass...
For more information and video/game stresstests check this link:
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTMzNCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 11:09:20 pm »
Vista is XP + DRM + Some Flashy Skin

They say DirectX 10 Wont be available on XP though I would imagine that some enterprising sole will fix that.

free

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 05:59:30 am »
for me is xp enough.
i dont need cristal skins or others.

MinLo

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 02:21:06 am »
I didn't like Vista compared to XP.........I'm sorda lost on how they figure it to be more secure..........If anything it seemed annoying that everytime I opened a program, a popup would come on asking if I had tried to open that paticular program....I'm pretty sure I could of disabled that but it wasn't my computer.....

My mother in law bought a new computer and she needed her printer installed.........The install cd the obviously was geared for XP, so I had to go to the website and download the one for  Vista...........In task manager it seemed to use alot of the pagefile.........Mine even with newer games tops off at like 340mb or with internet running with essentials is around 240 mb........Her's was using 350mb without running anything but the essentials..........
She let the "Geek Squad" from Best Buy prep her computer for internet for $150.......Complete waste of mony....LOL.......All I could notice that they did was make a restore cd for her computer and put Webroot Antispyware on it....They kept with the default windows firewall, I looked for a free vista Firewall and all I came up with was on from PC Tools aka the makers of SPyware doctors....I ran Webroot, it said no problems, then I ran Adaware, Spybot and found about 45 problems.......

I'm happy with Xp at this point so I doubt I'd upgrade,er,downgrade...lol.......If I buy a new computer, I'd keep the vista cd and get Xp onto the system........

texasboy

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 08:02:25 am »
 ;D There will come a "doom" day, just as with win95/98etc when MS will say updates dont apply to win xp.
I was happy with win 98 and in turn now happy with xp, but money and progress are much in the minds of the big guns.
cheers

DylanTattar

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 02:12:03 am »
Discuss what u think of the new windows vista

DylanTattar

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 02:15:15 am »
I got vista it looks cooler but it ph*ckin sucks at running sh*t
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 02:39:29 pm by MinLo »

MinLo

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 02:38:26 pm »
Discuss what u think of the new windows vista

There is already a discussion about this.....Merged

You posted in the topic also........

Watch your language also please........

I deleted a topic you made about best antivirus since there is already a topic......

please check around before making new topics....... :) 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 02:40:33 pm by MinLo »

Maudoux

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 04:42:50 am »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!
Use Windows XP PRO versie L.S.D 3.7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See:

Windows_XP_LSD_3.7_By_Benben0000.part1.rar to Windows_XP_LSD_3.7_By_Benben0000.part6.rar
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 04:46:26 am by Maudoux »

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 03:19:38 pm »
I am not too fond of my computer right now running Vista.

Vista has sooo many features and services that I would never use. I just need a barebone system. I remember I thought XP was bogged down after upgrading from Win2000 but wow this is so much worse.

Creative cards just don't work with new OSes. I remember I got XP when it first came out and it took me a while to even get my sound card to work at all. It took almost a year before all the features worked that came with a sound blaster platinum. The same problem is happening with vista.

I am going to uninstall vista and install XP pro 64bit. Then my sound card and all it's features will work. I can also see how fast my quad core REALLY is.

Exous

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 11:25:49 am »
I recently bought a high end pc, 6600 quadcore, 2 gig DDR3 mem and Geforce 8800 GTX Ultra, bit I kept my mem that low because XP can't handle more, unless I get xp 64 bits which has the same problems vista 64 bit recently has (drivers, drivers, application problems and... drivers).
So I stick to xp until Vista is a little older and more adult.

Reasons to get Vista: 64 bits, so alot more memory build in possibility, DirectX 10 (nice to see that little more FX) and Basicly because eventually it will run games faster as promised (in a year or so that is)

Reasons not to get it: still is in a baby state, haven't learn how to walk yet and well drivers and software support isn't that great yet, but will be eventually, just like with xp when it first came out.

So if you really want to use your 4 gig mem and really want to run directx 10... get vista (maybe in duel boot so you can run old games and software on xp still), if not, just wait a little like I do  ;D