RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: HPV aka Human Papillomavirus  (Read 12689 times)

gibbler1010

HPV aka Human Papillomavirus
« on: April 27, 2007, 02:40:14 am »
In todays day in age... casual sex seems to be the norm.. however, an epidemic of HPV is breaking an all time high in statistics.. HPV is a sexually transmitted virus.. not disease that is almost unavoidable to prevent, other than abstaining from any sexual contact.. even condom use doesn't really make it preventable.

HPV is the virus that causes most cervical cancer among young females.. with cancer screening.. meaning Pap test and the actual HPV test.. it can be caught in time.. I myself suffer from this.. Over 80% of the population will have contact with this virus at one point in their lives.. pretty scary I'd say.

So.. fortunately; they have come out with a vaccination called Gardasil.. the only thing of it is.. you have to be a virgin pretty much to have any advantages with it. So given that alot of girls are becoming sexually active at a younger age.. it has been suggested that parents use  it as a preschool kind of vaccination. A smart idea in my opinion.. but alot of parents refuse to even think about this suggestion.. are parents really that naive to think that their children are never going to be sexually active..?? I mean here we have not a cure for cervical cancer.. but damn near pretty close.. and parents are refusing it.. Just insanity.. It is even available to young boys I believe.. considering they are the hosts of this virus.. even though it may not ever show symptoms.

So as you can see.. I am all for people getting this vaccine shot.. it can save your life.

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
Re: HPV aka Human Papillomavirus
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 12:16:19 pm »
Yes, I remember this in the news about 9 months ago, and them talking about administering the vaccine about the age of 6 - 8. Seems sensible enough in my opinion, any parent who wants to associate a stigma with something that has a good chance of preventing a common type of cancer is in my opinion a completely idiot.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

gibbler1010

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 01:21:37 pm »
I agree.. I just don't understand how anyone would be against it at all.. there hasn't really been any side effects with it other than some mild itching at the injection site.. that can happen with any injection pretty much, you are abraising the skin afterall.. People really need to get their crap together and quit living with blinders on.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 05:07:02 pm »
Nice one Gibbler.....l've not heard of this yet. I have two granddaughters at school, so l'll tell their mother about it. Their grandmother, my wife, died of cervical cancer at 36, so they might take notice.

gibbler1010

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 12:11:40 am »
Yes, billy.. you should really look into it.. it could save their lives.. I am not sure if it's available in the UK as of yet.. but if it's not.. is surely will be.

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 02:04:02 am »
Hmm I haven't heard of this before. Sounds like an interesting theory and I agree that they should promote it. I thought you'd say something along the lines of the parents are against it. This seems to happen a lot, parents neglect what they did in their lives and believe that they can protect their kids against it... Personally I don't understand it at all, it is human nature to have sex, it is what caused us to be here now!

Just further adds to my thought that the human race will not be wiped out by mass explosions, volcanoes or anything bigger than us. The only things that we cannot control are the things too small to see.

gibbler1010

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 01:34:06 pm »
It is the parents that are against it.. for  what reasons? who knows.. the only one I can think of is that they think their children are never going to have intercourse..fools. :-\

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 06:45:44 pm »
It is the parents that are against it.. for  what reasons? who knows.. the only one I can think of is that they think their children are never going to have intercourse..fools. :-\

I think l read somewhere, that it is mostly Canadian parents who think this ::)

gibbler1010

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 09:17:15 pm »
That's because we are good valued people with morals.. :D.. sex is the last thing on our minds. ;)

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 09:23:12 pm »
Of course you are Gibbler..............err...if you say so.....ummmm ::)

cissie

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 08:59:27 pm »
It is becoming mandatory in schools in Australia from age 12, starting next year.  Mothers over here have openly praised this vaccination and the majority are all for it.  I say if there are any tests or vaccinations to rid the world of needless death then just do it.

gibbler1010

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 12:43:45 pm »
I totally agree.. I just don't understand how anyone could be against this.. people need a reality check or something.. sex is natural..I guess parents just don't want to invision their children and sex in the same picture.