RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: dont seem to be getting anywhere  (Read 9334 times)

tubbsbabe

dont seem to be getting anywhere
« on: July 14, 2007, 06:48:53 am »
well hello everyone its me the woman that is trying to get this thing down to where i can actually use it. I have 5 or 6 downloads on my bitlord, but no matter what i do i cant seem to get them off and get them to work. i dont know what i am doing wrong but i wish someone would help me out if they could. my son has been really busy cause i havent been alble to get ahold of him, but it really sucks to have these things downloaded and not be able to get them out of bitlord and use them, so i am crying HELP

texasboy

Re: dont seem to be getting anywhere
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 09:23:02 am »
 ;D ;D
Not to worry dear lady. The rescue team will be with you shortly ;D. IF you are really desperate pm one of the Mods on BitChe
cheers

tubbsbabe

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 03:05:17 pm »
well i am not too sure about your slang but i am desperate so i decided tp post another message to you. my name is Robin and i am definitely a newbie. So i do appreciate any help i can get. SO thanks for the reply and hope to hear from you again soon.    thanks again  tubbsbabe

texasboy

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 10:23:57 pm »
 ;D I sent PM to MinLo who should be able to help you. You probably would have got a quicker answer if you had posted in one of the BitChe threads where there are more members on hand.
cheers

MinLo

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 04:28:55 am »
well hello everyone its me the woman that is trying to get this thing down to where i can actually use it. I have 5 or 6 downloads on my bitlord, but no matter what i do i cant seem to get them off and get them to work. i dont know what i am doing wrong but i wish someone would help me out if they could. my son has been really busy cause i havent been alble to get ahold of him, but it really sucks to have these things downloaded and not be able to get them out of bitlord and use them, so i am crying HELP

First what kind of files have you downloaded?? Movies, music, games........... :)........

UPDATE: Here's a website that can hlp direct what to with file extensions that you may download.......http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/43.html

PS........I didn't wanna piss anyone off but I unlocked it........Whoever locked it could you post your reasoning, because I don't see anything wrong with helping this person..........
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 04:15:45 pm by MinLo »

tubbsbabe

having problems as usual
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 01:09:27 am »
 Well hello everyone, I have had to come ot you for help again.  So, heres' my problem. I have movies downloaded to my pc, and have everything that i needed to burn them with. But somehow even though i ahve tried to brun them 15 different ways i cant get them to playback on the tv. I have workied and worked on these suckers and still dont ahave a movie burnt. They play perfect on my pc but put them in the tv and they dont play. SO, just what the heck am i doning wrong????
 I would appreciate any help that you older members can give me. Cause i am about as frustratated as any one human can be.  I am tryinmg to learn this stuff on my own, but it is gettting diffucult more everyday..
 So come on fellow friends and bit che users, help this newbie out!!! thanks  ahead for anything you can tell me !!!!!

tubbsababe

Offline DC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: having problems as usual
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 02:20:37 am »
what program are you using? are your burning VOB files? some DVD players can also play VCD, SVCD, and Divx.. if there mpeg, avi, divx, etc. you will need to transcode them to VOB. that can sometimes take forever...
Torrent search made easy. Bit Che.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3719105405.png

texasboy

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 07:05:36 am »
They play perfect on my pc but put them in the tv and they dont play. SO, just what the heck am i doning wrong????
 I would appreciate any help that you older members can give me. Cause i am about as frustratated as any one human can be.               tubbsababe
;D First of all Robin us older members find it difficult to help frustrated women :-X
Have had the same problem as yourself in the past. Plays perfect on PC but not on TV. You need an extra program such as Nero or Cyberlink which when you drag your video file into the program it will encode it into your prefered tv format.ie. Pal for UK etc This process may take some time 1hr-2-hrs. and will burn it on completion of encoding.. Other members can suggest other programs for encoding. It is also worthwhile downloading various video co-decs ,mostly free and adding these to your various programs . As DC said you need to know what file format your movies are in and try to use encoding program that supports these kind of files or add support video co-decs.
Hope this helps
cheers

MinLo

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 08:21:24 pm »
Well hello everyone, I have had to come ot you for help again.  So, heres' my problem. I have movies downloaded to my pc, and have everything that i needed to burn them with. But somehow even though i ahve tried to brun them 15 different ways i cant get them to playback on the tv. I have workied and worked on these suckers and still dont ahave a movie burnt. They play perfect on my pc but put them in the tv and they dont play. SO, just what the heck am i doning wrong????
 I would appreciate any help that you older members can give me. Cause i am about as frustratated as any one human can be.  I am tryinmg to learn this stuff on my own, but it is gettting diffucult more everyday..
 So come on fellow friends and bit che users, help this newbie out!!! thanks  ahead for anything you can tell me !!!!!

tubbsababe
I have merged the two topics

I know it may sound like a stupid question but I got to ask...... do you have a dvd burner and not just a cd burner???.........

Does your dvd advertise somewhere on it what Video formats that it will play??........Some will advertise what formats are compatible, some won't........Some will play unadvertised formats but most of the time it won't play it unless the dvd laser is compatible.......You could also have a brand name disc incompatibility.......

Then what program are using to burn??..........

Answer these questions and I can try to direct you to a help page....... :).......Burning a dvd begins as a complicated task for newbies but becomes much easier once you understand the basics........

After these questions are answered we still might need more info but this we'll get us started!

DC already asked you two of these questions, so its a repeat but these questions are very important to be able to get the help you are asking for..........

I'm sorry but I don't respond directly to PM's unless it is for Guevara edition activation and even then I try to direct members to post in the forum so you can get help you need.........

Most of the stuff I've learned, I was taught by former DK members/current Convivea members........The rest I learned from googleing........

I don't why this keeps getting locked unless I'm misinterpreting Chips idea on what can be asked here and what can't..........So whoever keeps locking it could you state your reasoning before locking it  :) .........Otherwise we will keep having a duplicate topic instead of fixing/helping the situation........Send me a pm, send Chip a pm, put it in the shoutbox  ;D......Like I said maybe I'm wrong for unlocking it, I just hate clutter and being rude to people who help support Chip's software

:) TUBBSBABE  :) if I don't see a response from you in a couple of days with what was asked, I'll be left with the only option to lock it.......Otherwise we could end up with a neverending topic with people asking the same question......Also please don't make another topic when asking for assistance when you already have an active topic asking for the same assistance  :) .......I unlocked it but possibly it was locked again

God this long post brings me back to my days at DK......  :D :D :D ......Time for bed now  8)

UPDATE 7/27/2007 LOCKED
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 12:42:32 pm by MinLo »