Author Topic: Rain  (Read 10982 times)

samapplepie

Rain
« on: July 24, 2007, 05:32:44 am »
I live in Cheltenham and the weather has been bad all across Gloucestershire

No rain today – but we have no water at work – the boss had to go and buy bottles – They have also put port-a-loos around the site so we can all pee and poo

Where I work no one has any water at home – But we still do so can bath and wash clothes etc. Fingers crossed it will stay like it

They have put big containers in the streets nearby for people to get water (just in case) which has to be boiled

One chap at work lives in Gloucester and has no water or electric

The boss bought us all some milk and bread today also

They say from tomorrow its going to get worse

texasboy

Re: Rain
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 06:22:56 am »
Hi sam,
Yes its been quite a disaster. Feel really sorry for you folk. Thought we were going to get some of the same here in Belfast ,but warm sunny days at 22-24c with an occassional shower.  Crazy weather and the news is full of it. Not much comfort but keep your chin up.http://www.virginmedia.com/news/uk/uk-story.php?storyid=10574903
cheers
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 07:19:27 am by texasboy »

MinLo

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 06:47:06 pm »
I wish u the best of luck........Like Tex said keep your head up.........

samapplepie

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 03:48:38 am »
Thanks to you both.

No rain today - looks like Oxford is getting flooding now

However we got home from work and we have no water.  Luckily the Army are disributing bottles (30 small ones each) out side Sainsburys.  So we walked over and got our share.  30 bottles of water IS HEAVY to carry

The news says it could be 7 - 14 days that we will be without water.  But as everyone else is in the same boat we will carry on

texasboy

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 05:51:40 am »
At least consider yourself lucky that you still have a PC to keep you company. I bet there are many fried units under water. ::)
http://www.virginmedia.com/news/inpictures/ukflooding.php
All the best
cheers

samapplepie

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 03:59:39 am »
I know we complain about this situation but we are  not that bad off compaired to others -Today we were sent home at 2.30 as it was raining quite heavy - but its sunny now

Picked up some more water from Sainsburys so we can drink and wash

mac117

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 09:40:55 am »
Watch out for the weekend guys, aparently weather getting worse again for us in the Midlands.
Keep yr heads up.

samapplepie

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 06:55:17 am »
Lovely day today - no rain - went into Gloucester and all seemd fine - some shops closed like McDonalds.

Well its almost 10pm here in Cheltenham and a little rain, not much though

We managed to pick up 24 bottles of water today - w couldnt carry any more.  LOL

Lets keep those fingers crossed there is no more flooding

texasboy

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 08:47:18 am »
Weather seems to be on the mend and hopefully water supplys back to normal in a week. Seems strange that the water service says the water is not fit to drink even after boiling.

http://www.virginmedia.com/news/uk/uk-story.php?storyid=10762849
cheers

samapplepie

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 05:41:21 am »
The Sun came out today and they turned our water on - had my first bath in a week.

We can was in the water and wash clothes but nothing else - still need the bottled stuff

But nornality is making headway.

texasboy

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 08:09:43 am »
The Sun came out today and they turned our water on - had my first bath in a week.

We can was in the water and wash clothes but nothing else - still need the bottled stuff

But nornality is making headway.
;D Sounds promising. We like our members to come "clean"
cheers