Author Topic: an1 have a new pontiac gto?????  (Read 9466 times)

juggalo4life

an1 have a new pontiac gto?????
« on: July 29, 2007, 12:15:00 pm »
i jus got a new 06 gto and i love it any other proud owners

texasboy

Re: an1 have a new pontiac gto?????
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 06:03:53 am »
i jus got a new 06 gto and i love it any other proud owners

;D Used to be heavy into drag racing in my Pontiac Trans Am 400 cu inch  v8. Just loved the competition from "the judge" (you can google that one.lol) 440 hemi I think. Still have a few old photo`s of the corvettes and an Opel with a 454 chevy  engine which did the 1/4 mile in 7-8 seconds. But then these modern pontiacs  lack the muscle of the good old days.
cheers

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 06:26:58 am »
the 06 GTO is nice with 400hp as opposed to the 05 with only 350. however the styling is very controversial and as you may know they already discontinued this new generation.

I am a huge fan of the 2008 G8 that is coming out end in a few months. It has a 6.1 liter LS1 with close to 400hp.
pics of the beautiful G8:
http://seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2008-Pontiac-G8-GT-Show-Car.htm

The Grand Prix GXP is also kinda cool with a supercharged V6 with 300hp. I only drive manual though.

texasboy

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 07:29:15 am »
the 06 GTO is nice with 400hp as opposed to the 05 with only 350. however the styling is very controversial and as you may know they already discontinued this new generation.

I am a huge fan of the 2008 G8 that is coming out end in a few months. It has a 6.1 liter LS1 with close to 400hp.
pics of the beautiful G8:
http://seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2008-Pontiac-G8-GT-Show-Car.htm

The Grand Prix GXP is also kinda cool with a supercharged V6 with 300hp. I only drive manual though.

Nice one Syn, but does it have individual headers/collection box, traction bars,double Holly carb and a driver with a helmet on?(not that kind of helmet.lol) Be interesting to see specs on top speed and 1/4 mile. Me auld Trans Am hit off the clock on the Delaware turnpike(over the 160mph). Changed the rear end out (Zoom) to increase speed from A to B dropping top speed to 135mph. It had an automatic transmission with certain ball bearings missing lol. and would chirp the tyres in all gears under full throttle. Best on 1/4 was abt 13.0secs.
cheers

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 08:50:30 am »
That sounds like a fast car. Although I do appreciate old muscle it's not really my style being a younger person.

I mostly like newer cars. My favorite generation of cars are the Japanese from the 90's before they started making only fuel efficient vehicles. The Mazda RX7, twin turbo Supra, and twin turbo 3000GT VR4 are just some of my favorites.

texasboy

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 08:35:51 am »
 ;D Dont forget I was also young once the 240-360ZX. Will see retirement soon and probably would enjoy being the owner of one of the old "Morgan sports cars" Nostalgic.

This is one of the newer cars.

Morgan Aero 8 GTN
Ref No: ST178

Colour:  Blue and Silver
Trim:  Black Leather
Extras:  Radio/CD, Side Exit Sports Exhausts, Moto-lita Steering Wheel, Carbon Fibre Dashboard and Hard Top, Air Conditioning, Black Centre Lock OZ Alloy Wheels.
Comments:  No.4 of only 11 GTNs that were built and has a 4.6 litre BMW V8 producing 330 bhp.  Featured on BBC's Top Gear programme.

Price: £54,995

But still prefer the older versions.
cheers

Poor juggolo4life we have somehow gotten away from his pontiac. Maybe he will enjoy. :-[
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 09:07:54 am by texasboy »