Author Topic: does an1 kno how to make utorrent faster or kno a faster program  (Read 7286 times)

juggalo4life

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
Re: does an1 kno how to make utorrent faster or kno a faster program
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 01:33:14 am »
Torrenting is all about popularity, the more popular the thing your downloading, the likely it'll download at an alright speed. There are however a few things you can do to make sure that everything is running smoothly,

1) Open the needed ports in your router (check your uTorrent settings for the correct ports).

2) Configure the maximum number of connections you can have on a torrent, this determines the amount of people you can connect to, more doesn't always mean better though, somewhere between 50 - 100 seems to be the sweet spot for most.

3) Always keep your upload 7 kb/s or above, uTorrent limits it otherwise, some sites work out your upload and treats you in kind.

4) Join a private site, people often have more incentive to seed well on a private site, less hit and runners.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 06:02:42 am »
uTorrent is one of the fastest bittorrent clients around. As long as it's tweaked and you get torrents with good seeds, you should be fine.

Make sure the green check is in the bottom (and no yellow or red). This says that your connection is open. If it's yellow or red, check your router settings.

Jake4742

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 12:06:59 am »
uTorrent worked for me for about a week then everything I tried to download said disk overload then when I turned the caching off downloads would stop at 99.9%