RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Epson Printers  (Read 8783 times)

texasboy

Epson Printers
« on: July 24, 2006, 06:50:07 am »
Running a basic all in one printer/scanner Epson Stylus DX3850. iT USES 4 cartridges originally from Epson. Each has a chip  which registers with the PC. Within a short period of time you get a warning window that says you have less than 20% ink left Please buy now(link to web site) This of course is just a ploy for you to pay the big price for genuine Epson ink. I buy all my cartridges from www.rubberfrog.com which is based in Jersey (channel islands UK) Ink is only 99p per cartridge(plus free 20 sheets A6 Glossy photo paper) and if you keep your order under £18 there is no tax and free delivery.The printer comes up saying that you are not using genuine Epson ink. Hit continue and all is well. I am getting excellent photo`s and documents. So are all the majors on scare tactics for the newbies???
Does anyone else feel that they have to buy original ink or other items.
cheers
ps you can run printing long after Epson says your out of ink.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 06:59:24 am by texasboy »

dinner123

Re: Epson Printers
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 04:59:05 am »
hell no, especially at the prices original cartridges cost. ive got a lexmark printer and i get my cartridges refilled at a shop down my road. its cheaper and i cant see any different in quality (although there probably is a small difference). if ink runs out at home, ill just print stuff at school, they never run out ;D

texasboy

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 08:03:01 am »
Thats ok Dinner. We have "Cartridge World" which refills genuine cartridges for £4-6.  Just did a check on my printer which is showing less than 5% ink left on 2 cartridges.It says I can still print about 100 pages of last type settings (which was just text). So I printed 2 photos 4x6" and it now says I can print another 14 pictures. I did change the 2 cartridges and reset. I can now print over 100 pictures. Not bad?. Genuine ink from major brand names are a complete rip off. At £2 instead of £14 I think I will survive. The quality from Rubberfrog is exceptional and fully backed up with money back etc
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 08:02:54 pm »
Stop showing off Tex.....I've got an Epsom printer-scanner...stylus gx 3200....but I don't have any probs with it, prob because l haven't used it yet...lol

I've also got a Xerox printer scanner, a HP colour printer, and the one i use, a HP deskjet 3200..... ;D

weera

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 01:22:59 am »
Nope! At first yeah, I always buy original cartridge long before we got refill shop open in Jakarta.
Now I always refill my cartridge and it only cost me 1/10 price of the original with good quality printing.
And I'm planning to get me this ink bottle that come with hose attach to your cartridge so when it runs out you just have to fill the empty one. Valuable stuff for me I think.. :)