Author Topic: collecting photo`s of ships  (Read 10168 times)

texasboy

collecting photo`s of ships
« on: August 06, 2007, 08:53:38 am »
 ;D Yes I know this an unusual post, but if any of you members live near the sea or have taken photo`s of cargo/passenger ships etc on your holidays(even the local ferry) pls post them here. Trying to build up  enough to post on a webste.
Thanks for you help.
A recent visitor to my home port of Belfast. (only a thumbnail image)

The "Grand Princess"  109,000 gross tons  2,600 passengers.
lovely
cheers
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 09:01:50 am by texasboy »

texasboy

Re: collecting photo`s of ships
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 08:31:00 am »
 ;D Even photos of little boats such as this fishing boat in Fleetwood harbour England. If you can provide location and a bit of info would help.

cheers

Double click on photo for bigger picture.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 08:32:44 am by texasboy »

texasboy

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 08:31:23 am »
 ;D Another recent visitor to Belfast last week.
The luxury cruise liner Crystal Symphony. Lovely vessel.

Must be nice to have a few ££ $$ s in yer pocket. Thought I saw Billy up there by the pool ;D
Double click on photo for bigger image.

cheers
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 08:39:44 am by texasboy »

texasboy

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 07:16:58 am »
 ;D  For those of you that like ships of all kinds and have seen my last post on "Where am I "  You can watch these giant ships on live web cam  http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html There are several options to choose from.
Latest tonight with more ships in the background waiting  to transit the locks .
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Enjoy.
cheers
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 07:39:59 am by texasboy »

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 05:26:27 pm »
I've never been on a ship in my life Tex. the nearest i've been is on a pilot boat trip to Puffin Island Wales UK, but i must admit ships are very impressive ;D

cissie

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 08:10:17 pm »
oh i just realized.. i have some in my photos.. one of the ICEBIRD... a danish ship which my brother went to the antarctic on.. it is an ice breaker.. we had lunch on it one day, when it was docked at Melbourne.  If i get time next week, i will scan it and post it for you.

texasboy

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 08:58:11 am »
 ;D ;D You wont believe this but managed to catch 2  falcons on camera at the Panama canal.lol

enjoy
cheers

ZootCadillac

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 10:57:16 am »
Hi Texasboy. Man after my own heart.

I too am a maritime man and have been since a boy. Currently I sail a turn of the century, square-rigged ( brigantine ) Baltic trader.
Here I am waving from the t'gallant starboard yard at the Whitehaven Maritime festival.

I also visited Belafast the last two summers for your excellent maritime festival and we were open to the public, come and see us next summer!.
I have a vast resource of ship photography as our family owned a ship repairers and engineers. I shall find more for you later as it's very late now.
Meanwhile have a couple of these.

and lastly for now, but not least, your very own Jeannie Johnstone.

Oh and I almost forgot, I'm a painter as a hobbyist since my semi_retirement and here is my interpretation of out tub under full sail in the Irish Sea.

I'm new here and don't wish to offend  anyone but all my images are under the protection of a creative commons licence and have some rights reserved. This won't matter to you of course but I thought it safer to mention in case they turn up elsewhere. You may do as you wish with them for personal use and I'll find you many more should you wish.

Otterkins2

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 07:50:28 am »
I'd add to this, but all I have are profiles of combat ships.  I have a ton of military PDF's that just happened to pick up naval stuff.  I specialize in WW2 A/C....particularly those of aces with more than 200 victories.  Anyone got Osprey books?

texasboy

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 08:48:19 am »
 ;D Many thanks to both of you. I still have the scars from the "cat of nine tails".
cheers

Offline Edlund

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2022, 08:55:56 pm »
I like drawing and painting I haven't done any classes or anything like that I just find it really relaxing but I have to be in the mood to do it I prefer to make my own/create my own pics mostly I prefer sceneries