Author Topic: registry programmes  (Read 12198 times)

texasboy

registry programmes
« on: July 24, 2006, 08:01:57 am »
Do we really need software such as registry booster /registry cleaner. Yes we all know that there are a lot of duplicate entries,invalid paths and most of these software programmes will detect them. How good are they for the average user?? Do we need them or is there an easier way out.
cheers

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
Re: registry programmes
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 09:45:16 am »
Computer with low specs and / or a user who doesn't know how to clean up general stuff themselves, very useful.

Everyone else, doesn't really matter.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

texasboy

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 08:00:02 am »
Computer with low specs and / or a user who doesn't know how to clean up general stuff themselves, very useful.

We have several pc`s going in our home. Without manually going into registry the registry cleaners seem to do the job as long as you stay in control.A pc with low specs doesnt necessarily mean that the operator is not pc literate and may find a reputable register cleaner  of benefit.In our old forum "Registry Mechanic" was voted as a very good programme.
cheers
Everyone else, doesn't really matter.???

FutureQuest

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 06:28:22 pm »
I started using both Registry cleaner and registry booster after my vista machine kept on starting up slower by the day. With these programs i managed to get a quicker startup, so in that case I am content.

I had to turn off the options to cleanup dll's because certain programs could not startup after the cleaning and needed to be reinstalled.

I wonder, is there a quick way to manually clean your registry. The way I do it is to perform a search in the windows registry editor and manually delete the entries I don't want to have or don't need. This can be very time consuming.

Tips are welcome.

Offline tincanman2010

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 05:41:50 am »
There's a free utility called Glary utilities that lets you clean up registry, start up programs tec.

but best thing is it has a one-click maintenance option too. I run it a couple times a day or whenever my comp feels a big boggy. Takes 10 mins and can run while you are doing other stuff. Dunno what all it does, but my comp always feel fresher and more sprightly after. NOTE: I leave clean cookies unchecked because I prefer to do that manually

texasboy

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 09:32:21 am »
Will check out Glary. Meanwhile had an exchange with Uniblue on Registry Booster 2 and find this programme is still not compatible with Vista 64 Ultimate.Works with XP and Vista 32 bit.
For those that are not completely comfortable about editing registries manually, this program will help.
cheers

xxxx

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 07:23:18 am »

We have several pc`s going in our home. Without manually going into registry the registry cleaners seem to do the job as long as you stay in control.A pc with low specs doesnt necessarily mean that the operator is not pc literate and may find a reputable register cleaner  of benefit.In our old forum "Registry Mechanic" was voted as a very good programme.
cheers
Everyone else, doesn't really matter.???