Author Topic: Laptop of the future ??  (Read 9269 times)

texasboy

Laptop of the future ??
« on: August 13, 2007, 08:02:24 am »
 ;D Sounds like we will have major changes in computing and almost in my lifetime.lol

http://www.virginmedia.com/digital/news/gadget/gadget-story.php?storyid=11440246
cheers

gr1ngo

Re: Laptop of the future ??
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 09:42:01 pm »
terabyte ....  i thought i was doing well when i slapped a 160GB as my back up drive.

texasboy

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 09:52:48 am »
terabyte ....  i thought i was doing well when i slapped a 160GB as my back up drive.

;D As long as it works for you and me, We will survive.lol
cheers

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 01:08:19 pm »
Hard Drive sizes have been churning along pretty nicely, it would be nice to actually see a serious performance boost from them. It would literally take hours and hours to fill up a 1 terabyte hard drive at maximum speed, not to mention the amount of time it takes large quantities of data in to the RAM and give that seems to be increasing now at a fast rate, programs may just get longer and longer loading times.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 12:29:14 am »
Beware of laptops......

Great Swedish meatballs of fire. A Swedish scientist had his penis and testicles badly scorched while using his laptop.

The 50-year-old father of two had spent an hour writing a report in his armchair with the portable computer perched on his... err... lap.

He had been so engrossed in his work that he paid no heed to the occasional burning sensation in his crotch. Oh, and yes, he was wearing underpants and trousers.

The next day though, he looked down in horror to find his privates rather red and irritated. A hasty (but very careful) journey to the doctor was in order and, on inspection, the physician found a rash of blisters, which soon popped, leading to a full-blown infection.

According to a letter in The Lancet written by the physician who treated the victim: "The patient recalled that, while sitting two days earlier with his computer on his lap, he occasionally had felt heat and a burning feeling on his lap and proximal thigh, a sensation that was relieved at least temporarily when the computer was moved slightly.

"After the first two days, the penile and scrotal blisters broke and developed into infected wounds that caused extensive suppuration. More than a week later, the wounds were covered by dry crusts and thereafter were healing quite rapidly. No antibiotic treatment was needed."

The make of laptop is not known, but as laptops become faster and more powerful they can become hotter. Computer chips double in capacity about every 18 months and manufacturers have to find ways to dissipate the heat. Preferably away from our more tender areas.

writing a report.....hmmmmm......yeah right!!!

« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 12:31:41 am by billyfridge »

cissie

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 12:37:08 am »
Wow... that was some report Billy... i also was told today that i nearlly had a similar mishap, with water and electricity, and someone told me about the same area..  ::)

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 12:39:02 am »
grrrrrrrrrrrrr...........what a coincidence Cissie..LOL

drun7

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 11:53:38 pm »
wow ;D