Forums > Computers - Technology

firefox

(1/2) > >>

gr1ngo:
was trying out one of these history sweep programs and even tho i had the saved passwords checked it erased them....now firefox password manager wont kick in and i am having to type in passwords for everything...most annoying...i have re-installed firefox twice. still the same. any ideas.

Quantum:
Try a "clean install", it's the same as doing a re-install, but with 1 extra step:

1) Uninstall
2) Delete your profile directory
3) Install

Here is information about where your profile directory is:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder

If you're finding the folder through windows explorer, you'll need to turn hidden files off.

This will wipe all your personal settings, so it might be wise to back-up your bookmarks before hand, go to:

Bookmarks > Organise Bookmarks

Then:

File > Export

Save the file somewhere, then when you re-install go to:

Bookmarks > Organise Bookmarks

Then:

File > Import > From File, choose where you saved the file.

gr1ngo:
;D Quantum...one happy camper..ta much. ;D

chip!:
seperate topic about firefox, but i thought i would just ask it in this thread anyway..

what's the best version of firefox to use right now? the last versions i was using had huge memory leaks that would suck up all my ram if i left it running for a while.

is there any good and/or best build right now?  ::)

TheHalf™:
I had the patch install not to long ago and I am with v2.0.0.6. So far no problems, I did have browsing problems with 2.0.0.5 (as I mentioned in another thread) but everything is running smooth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version