RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Our Moslem friends must be shocked  (Read 13322 times)

texasboy

Our Moslem friends must be shocked
« on: July 27, 2006, 07:31:39 am »
We are living in a modern world. We all have many kinds of extreme religious beliefs in our society. But can someone tell me why the Taliban want to kill schoolteachers who are teaching young girls to read and write.Are they that insecure as a man that they dont want a child or a woman to grow up  and be a normal citizen? They are threatening to blow up schools which are teaching young girls.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/5220514.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/5217424.stm

I always thought that your God promoted Love, no matter what religion you followed. My Moslem friends are appalled at stuff like this and wish these oldtimers would get a grip on reality and stop living 2,000 years ago. >:(
cheers

dinner123

Re: Our Moslem friends must be shocked
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 08:30:47 pm »
can someone tell me why the Taliban want to kill schoolteachers who are teaching young girls to read and write.Are they that insecure as a man that they dont want a child or a woman to grow up  and be a normal citizen?

This quote seems to sum it up:
"They are specifically attacking education as they know that once people learn and think for themselves they cannot indoctrinate them again with their own ideologies."

My Moslem friends are appalled at stuff like this and wish these oldtimers would get a grip on reality and stop living 2,000 years ago. >:(
Couldnt agree more with this. It seems be a select few that carry out these stupid ideas. I dont think the   Koran has anything against the education of the women ???, these people need to stop being so backward and get with it.

texasboy

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 06:40:55 am »
Mind you,looking far back in religions history, "The Holy Fathers" of most religious cults lived by the sword. Almost like genocide of other beliefs." We are the one true religion and anyone thats dares to question this will be put to death?? "We have got to the stage that religious leaders have no respect for others and narrow minds kick in. Fanatics of religion who kill and persecute others are not worthy to be called true believers of their own gods,and I blame the very old, power hungry ,isolated,men who try to rule by fear.
Dinner you got it right. Educate the people (instead of brainwashing) then we might see this world live in harmony as it was meant to be.
cheers

Offline naomililley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 05:45:12 pm »
Couldnt agree more with this. It seems be a select few that carry out these stupid ideas. I dont think the   Koran has anything against the education of the women ???, these people need to stop being so backward and get with it.

The problem is about people who interpret words of any religious texts the way those can bring some benefits to such people!