RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: peerguardian 2 / ip Blocker (protects your privacy on P2P) MUST HAVE  (Read 16472 times)

mexican dj

PeerGuardian 2

PeerGuardian 2 is Phoenix Labs’ premier IP blocker for Windows. PeerGuardian 2 integrates support for multiple lists, list editing, automatic updates, and blocking all of IPv4 (TCP, UDP, ICMP, etc), making it the safest and easiest way to protect your privacy on P2P.

i have installed peerguardian , and i think you have to install this app if you want evade organizations dedicated to spy on your P2P habits.

chaos computer club,bittorrent fakes,Media defender,Time Warner Telecomm,safe net,are looking what are your doing with all your P2P files

Code: [Select]
http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/
really, try it!

Offline Larz44

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
Re: peerguardian 2 / ip Blocker (protects your privacy on P2P) MUST HAVE
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 09:07:07 am »
Mexican DJ

Two words, Thank you!

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 09:11:39 am »
I've never particularly trusted its effectiveness and also its been known to much up steam, so thanks, but no thanks.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Offline Larz44

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 09:34:31 am »
True nothing is 100%
But isn't it better to have something rather than nothing? What would you suggest Quantum?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 09:36:19 am by Larz44 »

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 11:09:50 pm »
True nothing is 100%
But isn't it better to have something rather than nothing? What would you suggest Quantum?

But there's no evidence that people who use this are even 1% more safe. This is from a public list of IPs, so all the MPAA or the RIAA have to do is use a different IP that's not part of their registered companies one, that's the easiest thing in the world to do and it's not even like it's illegal.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Offline Larz44

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 05:00:31 pm »
True nothing is 100%

But there's no evidence that people who use this are even 1% more safe. This is from a public list of IPs, so all the MPAA or the RIAA have to do is use a different IP that's not part of their registered companies one, that's the easiest thing in the world to do and it's not even like it's illegal.

Ok, good point. I rest my case.

surfer

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 06:34:57 am »
while i can't say i know whats getting through; the sheer amount and origins (the ones i whoised and googled) of the blocked sites.  i'd rather not have bouncing around on my ports.  if this traffic is so harmless why is there so much of it?

Crash27

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 01:04:49 am »
I have used Peerguardian for years now, It works great. I find that it blocks a lot of traffic. Great selection of lists at http://iblocklist.com/lists.php You can mix and match depending on what you want blocked.