Author Topic: Help with router Aztech  (Read 13718 times)

Borg

Help with router Aztech
« on: October 05, 2007, 08:08:42 pm »
I really need help and don't know where to find it. I have an ADSL flat connection perfectly configured on my D-Link 302T modem. Problem is that I bought a Aztech routre wireless, to connect two notebooks. Following my provider instructions, I configured the router to obtain dinamic IP address from the modem, making it act as a bridge, it receives a public IP address from the modem, the notebook connects with the router but... no Internet connection! I am not expert in network at all, so please someone can help me giving some advice? All the people I asked said they don't know this kind of configuration...
HELP!

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
Re: Help with router Aztech
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 09:06:50 pm »
I think your problem is that your making your modem do all the DHCP work?

I really don't like the idea of connecting a modem to a router and using the router as a network box. It would make more sense to take the router out of bridge mode, type in your ISP username and password in to it and get it to connect to the internet and then connect everything to it.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Borg

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 11:51:20 pm »
I agree, the problem is that the router doesn't support PPPoA mode but just PPPoE, and my provider works on PPPoA...

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 01:23:59 am »
I agree, the problem is that the router doesn't support PPPoA mode but just PPPoE, and my provider works on PPPoA...

I didn't even know you could get routers which just supported PPPoE these days, are you sure there isn't a firmware update for it that adds functionality?

Borg

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 02:02:01 am »
Unluckily on Aztech site (www.aztech.com) there is no firmware. By the way, the router is a brand new model, WL830RT4. So you think there is nothing I can do? I don't like the idea to trash a brand new router...

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 05:39:44 am »
That's the worst support given on a website than I've seen from any other router provider, I thought Belkin were bad...

Best I can do is say trying e-mailing them: support@aztech.com

Pose your problem politely and see if you get a solution.

Borg

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 11:11:03 am »
They answered very nquickly, but with a completely usekess and not-working solution. Here it is:

Hi Gian Carlo,

Please set the Aztech Router to another IP address set, we suggest using LAN Management IP to 192.168.0.1 and the range 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.xx.
DHCP for the Aztech Router will be ON and computer connected to it will have the network card set to obtain IP address automatically.

Thanks and Regards,
Eddie
[/font]

Any more ideas?