Author Topic: Update TorrentSpy script?  (Read 13336 times)

LesStrater

Update TorrentSpy script?
« on: October 10, 2007, 04:26:10 am »
OK, so due to legal issues, TorrentSpy has been ordered to block U.S. users.  A proxy web site has been set up at http://unblocktorrentspy.com/ to give U.S. users continued access.

Can the TorrentSpy script be updated to use this proxy server?

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
Re: Update TorrentSpy script?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 06:37:19 am »
Give this a go it seems to work.
Its not for general consumption as there are bits I haven't figured out.

Offline Knives

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 04:30:31 pm »
sort of off topic but do u guys know if a they have a site like that for demonoid canadian users? because i would sure like to have my demonoid account back lol

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 12:29:52 am »
sort of off topic but do u guys know if a they have a site like that for demonoid canadian users? because i would sure like to have my demonoid account back lol

Doesn't the actual demonoid tracker block Canadian IPs? So even if you could search the site it would kind of be pointless without setting your torrent client to proxy, which would slow down it considerably I imagine.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

LesStrater

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 01:19:16 am »
Give this a go it seems to work.
Its not for general consumption as there are bits I haven't figured out.
Thanks Bovski, Nice work!
I downloaded and tried it this morning and it worked just fine.  Clicked on the result and it took me right to the "proxied" web page.  I'll give it another week of testing then delete the original TorrentSpy script which is now useless to me.
Do you think a generic routine could be written that could be pasted into the beginning of any script so it uses that proxy site? (see below)  As more sites are forced to block certain users, it would come in very handy...

Knives - That same site (http://unblocktorrentspy.com/) can be used as a proxy to access Demonoid.  I tried it this morning...just replace the TorentSpy URL with "Demoniod.com" on the main page.

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 02:47:51 am »
As for doing a version for demonoid(or any private tracker) there may be security implications using this proxy.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 07:38:26 pm by Bovski »

Offline Knives

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 02:52:32 pm »
Knives - That same site (http://unblocktorrentspy.com/) can be used as a proxy to access Demonoid.  I tried it this morning...just replace the TorentSpy URL with "Demoniod.com" on the main page.

wow it worked, u think you or anyone could make the search work with bit che? im kinda script retarded to do it myself lol.