Author Topic: HP new gaming system.  (Read 7278 times)

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
HP new gaming system.
« on: October 11, 2007, 07:22:57 pm »
I seen the commercial on the 'Cartoon Network' (hehe) and the PC drew my interest. Now alike Alienware or Dells' XPS gaming systems, HP stepped it up a notch and came out with a gaming system called "Blackbird 002".

Now I took the time to navigate thru their website featuring 'Backbird' and the PC in question has it's pros and cons. I for won will give it a 4 outta 5 stars. Since it's new to the market price (USD) is way to high and some of us in here can buy and assemble our own PC to equalate this HP. So I'll put in the link, take a gander and give the forum your feedback

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/

TheHalf™

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
Re: HP new gaming system.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 11:12:09 pm »
There's a review of it at Anandtech, they say it's surprisingly competitively priced. The actual parts with a cheap case could be done for cheaper than HP offers, but the parts + the case works out at probably not a lot more if you could buy the case separately.

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3115&p=3

Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
Re: HP new gaming system.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 05:59:00 pm »
Understandable Quantum, this HP system has a 5HDD RAID 5 Array that you can put in any other system IF-IF they had the storage capacity of the chasis in mind. Pro 1 for HP on thinking outside of the box.

TheHalf™