Author Topic: REQUEST - FLAC Filter  (Read 10358 times)

Bennie

REQUEST - FLAC Filter
« on: November 03, 2007, 10:26:06 pm »
Hey guys and gals; great program.

I'd like to request a filter such as Demonoid's where by you can sort categories and more importantly file types: eg. mp3/FLAC etc.

I'm updating my music collection to FLAC, so if theres anyway to do this pls let me know.

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
Re: REQUEST - FLAC Filter
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 11:44:01 pm »
The difficulty is not all torrent sites record file type and some torrents have multiple file types.

Let's say you're searching for some music: "mmmmm", I think the easiest think to do would to be type:

mmmmm flac

And then tick the box "include description searches". See what sort of results you get, it may work without the ticked box, but flac would need to be in the title of the torrent.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Bennie

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 01:15:26 am »
have tried your suggestion, but putting flac in the search box doesnt bring the same results - i also get back nnnnnnn flac       ooooooooooo flac and on and on.

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 05:18:25 am »
have tried your suggestion, but putting flac in the search box doesnt bring the same results - i also get back nnnnnnn flac       ooooooooooo flac and on and on.

It's not supposed to bring back the same results, just ones with flac in. If you include descriptive searches then it should search the description of the torrent as well, where it should be mentioned that it's a flac file.

Bennie

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 10:47:35 pm »
yeah your reccomendation helps, but it results in a fairly lenghthy list and thus eliminates Bit Che's time saving.  Was hoping there might be some sort of code that would help.

Thanks for your help anyway.

B

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 12:29:15 am »
yeah your reccomendation helps, but it results in a fairly lenghthy list and thus eliminates Bit Che's time saving.  Was hoping there might be some sort of code that would help.

Thanks for your help anyway.

B

Sorry, it's just pretty difficult to do what you ask. Bit Che unfortunately is limited in a number of ways, not least of which is how easy it is to parse information out of multiple sites and display coherently.

Bennie

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 10:40:14 am »
it sure is a nice torrent finder though. thx again.