RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Diamonds no longer girls best friend  (Read 31229 times)

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Diamonds no longer girls best friend
« on: August 02, 2006, 04:26:58 am »
Source: Rueters

Diamonds are no longer a girl's best friend, according to a new U.S. study that found three of four women would prefer a new plasma TV to a diamond necklace.

The survey, commissioned by U.S. cable television's Oxygen Network that is owned and operated by women, found the technology gender gap has virtually closed with the majority of women snapping up new technology and using it easily.

Women were found on average to own 6.6 technology devices while men own 6.9, and four out of every five women felt comfortable using technology with 46 percent doing their own computer trouble-shooting.

"People make the assumption that women are not as advanced as men when it comes to technology and I was surprised at the parity men and women now have in terms of technology," Geraldine Laybourne, chairman and chief executive of Oxygen Network, told Reuters.

The Girls Gone Wired survey of 1,400 women and 700 men aged 15 to 49, which was conducted by market researcher TRU, found that given the choice, women would opt for tech items rather than luxury items like jewelry or vacations.

The study found 77 percent of women surveyed would prefer a new plasma television to a diamond solitaire necklace and 56 percent would opt for a new plasma TV over a weekend vacation in Florida.

Even shoes lost out. The study found 86 percent would prefer a new digital video camera to a pair of designer shoes.
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

kyopedlr

Re: Diamonds no longer girls best friend
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 01:18:14 pm »
... I am protecting my laptop from girls now....

-kyopedlr

dinner123

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 09:42:09 pm »
This isnnt isnt really suprising, alhought I bet there are still plenty of girls that would prefer diamonds.
Plasma tvs aint all that anyway :P

bosoxfan

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 12:29:29 am »
I was just listening to the radio today, and they had a thing on about this!

So I guess it is true..

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 05:49:25 am »

-kyopedlr

hahahahaha!!  im going to think twice before the next time I let a girl "borrow" my iPod so she can listen to some music jogging around the track...
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 05:10:46 pm »
Hey!
That's one article that I actually read in my local paper! Haha!

I disagree on the shoes part... the rest is probably true

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 11:50:35 am »

-kyopedlr

yeah, right Kyo.....and who's going to protect the girls from you??????

that.s a load of bollocks....a tv is a girls best friend....try and sell a 10 yr old plasma (when they get that old) and try to sell a 10yr old diamond...you'll soon see ;)

texasboy

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 09:07:05 am »
Source: Rueters

Diamonds are no longer a girl's best friend, according to a new U.S. study that found three of four women would prefer a new plasma TV to a diamond necklace.

Thats not surprising considering that most of american women are grossly overweight and cant fit into the old outfits now, to show off the sparklers. (that may get a slap from someone,but it`s true).  More and more "couch potatoes" are now common in the female sector. TV is now more important than sex/cleaning house etc.  Give them their plasma tv and go fishing .lol
cheers
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 12:53:26 pm by murph_dogg »

MinLo

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 04:52:27 pm »
Tera still would rather have DIAMONDS......... 8)

texasboy

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 05:34:20 am »
Tera still would rather have DIAMONDS......... 8)

That girl has the right idea. (she can always sell on, and have plasma tv in every room :D)
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 08:51:38 am »
my son bought his g/f a diamond ring for £1.000......she left 6mths later but she kept the ring :-\

dinner123

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 06:50:25 am »
my son bought his g/f a diamond ring for £1.000......she left 6mths later but she kept the ring :-\
if i was him i wudda have gotten that back :D

texasboy

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2006, 07:02:16 am »
Me too.  I love diamonds. He,he. You cant buy love.!!!!!
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 08:00:21 am »
if i was him i wudda have gotten that back :D

He wishes he could Dinner, but short of beating her up and taking it off her, he's no chance...she will have sold it by now anyway.
I said to him ''learn by yer mistakes son, and move on'' but i'm worried about him, because he goes out with his buddies but he's not bothering with any girls, and at 22yrs old that's not natural, he's a good looking boy, and shouldn't have any prob getting girls, so l dunno :(

texasboy

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2006, 06:06:50 am »
Did your son know this girl for a long time.?? You would really need to know your partner well before you would even consider spending that sort of money. I`ve been married for a while now, and my wife is overjoyed when I spend £300-£400 on rings or jewellry. If I spent £1,000 she would complain and say that  it was extravagant and some of the money would have been better spent towards a holiday or the house.. But then thats married life and not young love. ::)
Hope it works out Billy.
cheers