RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: BLAZING FAST  (Read 15081 times)

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
BLAZING FAST
« on: December 07, 2007, 03:23:19 pm »
No the topic does not refer to my auto   ;D but the cable speeds I have with my ISP. Now due note I did not keep the files that were downloading (I deleted them), I just wanted to find out the max download speed I can ascertain while using µTorrent and the more popular files of the day.

TheHalf™

« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 03:31:44 pm by TheHalf™ »

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
Re: BLAZING FAST
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 10:29:23 pm »
No the topic does not refer to my auto   ;D but the cable speeds I have with my ISP. Now due note I did not keep the files that were downloading (I deleted them), I just wanted to find out the max download speed I can ascertain while using µTorrent and the more popular files of the day.

TheHalf™

I was downloading at 1.1 MBps 2 nights ago, it was fun ^_^, still took the torrent 3 hours to download hehe.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 03:22:11 pm »

TheHalf™

I was downloading at 1.1 MBps 2 nights ago, it was fun ^_^, still took the torrent 3 hours to download hehe.

Are those speeds from the University or at home? Here's a second image that I took tonight (minutes before logging into Convivea.

TheHalf™

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 03:22:08 am »

TheHalf™

Are those speeds from the University or at home? Here's a second image that I took tonight (minutes before logging into Convivea.

TheHalf™

Home, University can download over 12 MBps  ;D
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

RiffRaff

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 11:54:18 pm »
At work we have fiber, 21megs download.   So once in a while I snag a torrent at work.  Very Fast.

Offline danny251

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 07:29:35 am »
Stop making me jealous of my crappy DSL connection :(
haha

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 07:31:38 am »
This is a follow-up:
Since I upgraded, my dl speeds using µTorrent haven't seemed to change all that much and I was hoping that anyone can inform if their is another client I can use to max out my downloads (dls).

TheHalf™

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 04:03:10 pm »
uTorrent is definitely capable of maxing out most connections. I have gotten about 3.0 MB/s on mine which is what about what you should get with your 35 meg road runner service.

It is all dependent on the tracker/amount of peers. It looks like you're downloading a pretty well seeded torrent so perhaps your uTorrent is not configured correctly? There are quite a few user manageable options such as simultaneous connections and so forth.

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 03:37:33 am »
uTorrent is definitely capable of maxing out most connections. I have gotten about 3.0 MB/s on mine which is what about what you should get with your 35 meg road runner service.

It is all dependent on the tracker/amount of peers. It looks like you're downloading a pretty well seeded torrent so perhaps your uTorrent is not configured correctly? There are quite a few user manageable options such as simultaneous connections and so forth.

I looked into the µTorrent configuration and did some research via Google. Now I have found a couple of links that applies to the client µTorrent and most of us are capable of tweaking our own OS along with tweaking the torrent client. Out of the three links posted below one has a patch that will alter the "Max Half Open TCP connection" within TCPIP.SYS.

So anyone interested in tweaking TCPIP.SYS please read carefully and there is a way to reset the value in TCPIP.SYS.

Link 1----> http://lifehacker.com/5158518/tweak-utorrents-settings-for-faster-downloads

Link 2----> http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-ways-to-speed-up-torrent-downloads/

Link 3----> http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads

I have done the tweaking and when it comes time for me to acquire a torrent file, I'll post my results back here.

TheHalf™

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 08:02:10 am »
I did some tweaking as stated in the post prior, now I am actually taking the time to read articles within the µTorrent forums and I am tweaking here, tweaking there until I get what I am looking for.  [boxing].

The second image is a few moments later but it is a download from a dedicated server.

TheHalf™

I've about done the best I can do with tweaking µTorrent and the third image shows my download from a dedicated server.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 12:17:29 pm by TheHalf™ »

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 10:50:06 am »
You don't have to edit TCP in windows 7, it is already optimized out of the box :p

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 02:51:03 pm »
Your speeds do look much better though Half,

You're hitting at least 3.0 MB/sec and in some cases even going higher than that. I only have 30 Mbps internet and yours is 35 Mbps so no surprise you're able to get slightly faster downloads than I can.

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 08:19:53 pm »
Yea, the folks over at µTorrent have a topic on addressing speed issues especially for those with high-speed internet connections. I went and tweaked my client and then downloaded their latest beta version 2.2.1 and the changes carried over with no problem.

Now Synbios as well as others I'll post a link to a dedicated server and see if you get maxed out on your downloads. If you can capture your results, post them here.

TheHalf™

http://www.slackware.com/torrents/
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:30:24 pm by TheHalf™ »