Author Topic: Is the PS/2 keyboard/mouse different from USB?  (Read 7653 times)

Offline JonnyJobin

• View Profile
Is the PS/2 keyboard/mouse different from USB?
« on: September 17, 2019, 12:11:47 am »
I've had a hackintosh for about 10 years now and for some reason the USB keyboard has been giving me trouble. I thought it was the MB, so I installed Windows 7 for the same MB that was running macOS. The USB mouse is giving me trouble (cutting in and out).
exchange rates
Someone suggested to use the other USB set (the board has 2 USB banks), and also suggested that I try the PS/2 ports for the mouse/keyboard.

Q. Does the PS/2 ports work on a different channel than the USB does so that if my USB doesn't work under macOS, then maybe the PS/2 will?

Is there any USB 3/3.1 PCIe cards that work with macOS?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 01:05:53 am by JonnyJobin »

Offline Poluran

• View Profile
Re: Is the PS/2 keyboard/mouse different from USB?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 11:14:26 pm »
Hi. Unfortunately, I am not that versed in such technical issues, so I will not be able to answer many of your questions. But at the same time, I understand you like no one else, because for me playing CS: GO is my favorite pastime. I even took part in competitions more than once. With the keyboard I have a complete order, as I was presented with it a year ago and it is cool. But I recently chose a mouse for myself. Found a good review of mouse for cs go thanks to which I bought the best mouse there could be. It has 8 function buttons and is very reactive.

Offline woodbury

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 08:31:34 pm »
In my case, the USB keyboard was superior in most situations. But I cannot say it's a universal for anyone. If you go to the official library of Centurion University of Technology and Management and open the search bar, type custom writing by PhD students and find my paper on the the USB keyboards and their usage.

Offline Rannu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 05:40:58 pm »
The excellent quality work and intelligent concepts left a lasting impression on me. Fall guys

Offline AnnieJenny

• View Profile
    • https://wannaplay.news/category/gambling/
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2021, 08:40:47 am »
I love games! For this I play only on this site https://wannaplay.news/category/gambling/ !

Offline IlonaBell

• View Profile
    • https://huaweimodems.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 08:07:41 am »
If you are looking for quality software. I want to share a good resource.https://logitechg502.com/logitech-m90-driver-and-software/  I recommend the free site.
Here you can download free drivers for mice, keyboards, webcams and other accessories, and also learn a lot about software.
love travelling. Discovering new countries, learning about cultures, meeting interesting people. I have opened a small internet business https://huaweimodems.com/ I am interested in investing.Many Huawei devices require different drivers to work properly. If you want to get an official Huawei Modem

Offline Emma97

• View Profile
    • Milwicz Architekci
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2022, 08:25:14 pm »
PS/2 ports may be preferred in a corporate setting for security concerns since they allow USB ports to be completely deactivated, prohibiting the attachment of any USB portable drives or malicious USB devices. [9]
The PS/2 interface does not impose any limitations on key rollover.
Due to driver difficulties or a lack of compatibility, some USB keyboards may be unable to access the BIOS on specific motherboards. BIOS is nearly universally compatible with the PS/2 interface.
When KVM switching with non-Windows computers, PS/2 ports generate less issues.

USB:

USBs often have reduced latency.

On a keyboard, they have at most a 6-key rollover, however there are workarounds depending on the operating system and BIOS.

USB is far superior to PS/2 for hotplugging (you must turn off a PS/2 PC if there is no PS/2 device in the port during PC activation, and it is still not suggested to "hot-swap" a device in PS/2).

PS/2s were not meant to be repeatedly disconnected, hence they are not particularly durable for that purpose.

TL;DR: The USB is superior in most use scenarios, which explains its widespread acceptance.

Offline among1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 03:43:14 pm »
There is a lot of useful information on this site. You can relax and enjoy your favorite games here. poppy playtime

Offline Thomas51

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2023, 07:51:46 am »
Once you've chosen the right fertilizer for your peppers and tomatoes, it's important to apply it correctly. Follow the instructions on the package carefully, as over-fertilization can be harmful to plants. what fertilizer to use on arborvitae