Author Topic: Any Windows P2P client that always works with DHT?  (Read 4659 times)

Offline JorkGomes

• View Profile
Any Windows P2P client that always works with DHT?
« on: November 10, 2019, 09:31:52 pm »
I'm using uTorrent 3.3.2 but over the last 2-3 months have had endless issues with the dreaded "DHT: waiting to login" when I'm connected through my VPN provider. The issue is that if I start uTorrent after I've connected to my service I get the DHT message but if I start it before I connect it's fine - but clearly I don't want to have the program running unless I'm behind my VPN.

I've contacted my VPN provider multiple times about this and every time they say it's working at their end (although TBH, I doubt they they even test it) so I have no idea any more - I've read every damned post there is about DHT and and tried a zillion different configurations, firewall rules, reisntalls etc with no luck... occasionally it actually works but mostly it just refuses to if I'm connected to my VPN before starting the program,

So, as per the title, I'm wondering if there is a Windows 10 torrent client out there that always works with DHT?

Offline BugMagnet

• View Profile
Re: Any Windows P2P client that always works with DHT?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 11:27:59 pm »
have you tried Tixati?

https://www.tixati.com/

Offline Sperling

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 06:34:00 pm »
BitTorrent is a protocol created by Bram Cohen derived from the Gnutella concept, but primarily designed to distribute large computer files over the Internet and permit WEB integration, in fact it aimed to be a substitute for the old centralized HTTP downloads, not a full P2P network PrepaidGiftBalance Visa
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 07:58:00 pm by Sperling »

Offline Nichol3e

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 06:12:08 pm »
The Windows firewall has been completely disabled. Nothing was added, removed, or altered within the last week, and DHT was always working before Liteblue.

Offline Corne1r

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 04:54:06 pm »
The possibility of multicast downloading is to briefly utilize one standard customer PC as a bundle worker which downloads a bundle from Notification Server and afterward sends it to the next customer PCs.