Author Topic: Windows 10 won’t install to ssd  (Read 1133 times)

Offline ElistonCole

• View Profile
Windows 10 won’t install to ssd
« on: February 04, 2020, 11:51:39 pm »
I just did a brand new build and windows will not install to my ssd. I installed via usb drive. Once I arrived to the disk screen prompting me to select which drive to install windows to, it would not allow me to select my ssd because the partition size was too small. I created a new partition via command prompt. It then said that I could not install to an mbr drive, so I changed the ssd to gpt via command prompt. However, after I did this and selected my ssd, it still said it could only be installed to gpt and not mbr even though I changed it to gpt. I then Tried to restart the computer and see if it would work, but my computer will not boot via the usb anymore. reverse phone lookupnba redditpcpartpicker The first time I plugged in the usb, it went straight to the windows install, now it goes directly to bios. Even when I try to boot via the usb manually through bios, it sends me to a black screen and windows won’t boot. I believe my ssd was in NTFS format when I installed it. Also, the ssd is the only part of my build that is not brand new, it has been reformatted and the partitions have been played around with. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 03:13:33 pm by ElistonCole »

Offline alanabui

• View Profile
    • hotmail entrar
Re: Windows 10 won’t install to ssd
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 05:15:53 pm »
In my opinion, the issues you raise are still some unclear. I hope in the near future to read more articles from you slope run game

Offline samuelddarden

• View Profile
Re: Windows 10 won’t install to ssd
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 09:19:51 am »
There’s a reason why people prefer to install their Windows 10 operating system on SSD –it makes the PC run a lot quicker.  After you install the OS, I suggest to download  Plants vs. Zombies FREE and install it on your computer.