Author Topic: retrieving info from .dl_files  (Read 6891 times)

prodigy

retrieving info from .dl_files
« on: January 16, 2008, 12:47:10 am »
hi, i have had a problem on my vista home pc and i had to restore using dell restore partition. windows formated my hdd, the one thing i forgot to save before reformat was my windows calendar info which i need the most, i ran a data recovery on hdd and recover files from the program files\windows calendar folder, but they are in a .dl_ format, how can i retrieve my info and get it back into my windows calendar? please help....

texasboy

Re: retrieving info from .dl_files
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 05:49:57 am »
hi, i have had a problem on my vista home pc and i had to restore using dell restore partition. windows formated my hdd, the one thing i forgot to save before reformat was my windows calendar info which i need the most, i ran a data recovery on hdd and recover files from the program files\windows calendar folder, but they are in a .dl_ format, how can i retrieve my info and get it back into my windows calendar? please help....

Hi prodigy,
Best I can do is pass on the following from a friend

"I have managed to stay well away from Vista so far!  I am currently coming to terms with OpenSuse 10.3 and associated bits of stuff!

If I was addressing this problem on an XP machine I would say try this;

expand C:\where_it_is\filename.dl_ c:\where_it_is_going\pathename\correct_filename.dl l

It doesn't feel right that a data file will be called a .dll though, that stands for dynamic linked library, which isn't user generated data of this type normally.

However..... its going to depend what it really did when it reinstalled - if it really reformatted the disk then its unlikely what you have left is going to be complete and useable.
But - if all it did was copy back windows over the top of the damaged installation then it will have possibly left data files alone, as long as you haven't over-written them by the application making a new copy over what was there."

Hope this helps
cheers
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 05:52:42 am by texasboy »

Offline Saraamuels

• View Profile
Re: retrieving info from .dl_files
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 06:16:02 pm »
Topic is about the retrieving the information by the DL files in the thousands of the time read by the author as a guest. The window is formatting and making the good kind of do my assignment for me for the friend that can pass these times as a show off.