Author Topic: Snowing in Georgia...again  (Read 18115 times)

luv

Snowing in Georgia...again
« on: January 19, 2008, 03:09:59 am »
Ok, so when I was convinced to move here they said yes it will get cold. To like 30. But it doesn't stay that cold but like a month and No it doesn't snow but once every 40 years. ..

I think someone lied because today is the 2nd time in a week that it has snowed enough to accumulate at least 2 inches and I'm thinking I was conned.

Granted it was my mom and sister who got me to move here but if I had known it snowed, I would have moved further south!

ARGHHHH!!! So frustrating! I do NOT thrive in the scary white stuff!

luv

texasboy

Re: Snowing in Georgia...again
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 09:10:08 am »
 ;D  Send me some of that beautiful white stuff over here. Me thinks you have "snowballs"
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 07:26:30 pm »
Ahem!!!!.....excuse me

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 09:16:04 pm »
I love cold weather, rather be in 2 inches of snow than a hot sunny day.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

luv

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 12:59:05 am »
No snowballs. lol
It only accumulated 2 inches but enough of it to annoy me. I am a Southern girl at heart!  ;)

texasboy

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 04:43:28 am »
No snowballs. lol
It only accumulated 2 inches but enough of it to annoy me. I am a Southern girl at heart!  ;)
Southern girls don't see much snow except for the girls from NW Texas. ;D
In all the years I lived in Houston we never had snow, and only one year did I see a bit of frost. Mind you the hailstorms could be ferocious and put dents in the auto`s. Even knock the delicious "sloppy Joe" out of your hand.
cheers

luv

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 10:56:14 am »
No snowballs. lol
In all the years I lived in Houston we never had snow, and only one year did I see a bit of frost. Mind you the hailstorms could be ferocious and put dents in the auto`s. Even knock the delicious "sloppy Joe" out of your hand.
cheers
Now that sounds like a nightmare! All snow and ice and most days rain are horrid for me. lol

I was about 40 minutes North of hurricane katrina and lived through all that craziness. I'm now in a lvl 4 drought area in Northern Georgia.. it seems I have a way of following/moving to areas that suffer natural disasters...not sure what's up with that....

Offline TheNightWatchman

• 24 Frames Per Second
  • Quaere verum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 08:37:31 pm »
I love cold weather, rather be in 2 inches of snow than a hot sunny day.

Haha don't come over here then! 38 degrees today. Up to 41 this week...

and Tex that's Celsius not Fahrenheit!

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 10:11:48 pm »
No snowballs. lol
cheers
Now that sounds like a nightmare! All snow and ice and most days rain are horrid for me. lol

I was about 40 minutes North of hurricane katrina and lived through all that craziness. I'm now in a lvl 4 drought area in Northern Georgia.. it seems I have a way of following/moving to areas that suffer natural disasters...not sure what's up with that....

are you sure the disasters aren't following you Luv?? ::)

:D

luv

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 10:07:38 am »
No snowballs. lol
cheers

are you sure the disasters aren't following you Luv?? ::)

:D

Indeed! This could be! lol

gibbler1010

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 07:06:31 pm »
2 Inches! be glad you have only that... we have snowbanks here that are over 6 feet high..lol .. ;)

amateurs!

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 06:40:21 pm »
2 Inches! be glad you have only that... we have snowbanks here that are over 6 feet high..lol .. ;)

amateurs!

Don't take any notice of Gibbler, Luv, she's bragging cos she is in Canada [yes]

Hi Gibbler.. [eyes]

luv

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 12:42:01 am »
No worries!
I used to live in Illinois and dealt with it for years. I promised myself when I moved south however that I would move to a place that had NO snow. I was also promised it didn't snow at ALL in Georgia. Someone lied.  [tongue]

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 10:21:24 am »
No worries!
I used to live in Illinois and dealt with it for years. I promised myself when I moved south however that I would move to a place that had NO snow. I was also promised it didn't snow at ALL in Georgia. Someone lied.  [tongue]

you prob brought the snow with you Luv...lol

luv

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 10:42:15 am »
No worries!

you prob brought the snow with you Luv...lol
No, no
Not possible. Have been out of Illinois for a good 6 years. Just moved to Georgia from Louisiana last year. Thought I might bring some rain here.. but that didn't work well. haha
Snow is gone though and its a nice round 70 degrees now ..ahhhh