Author Topic: When I move from USA to Canada  (Read 100 times)

Offline freestown7

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
When I move from USA to Canada
« on: January 03, 2021, 07:19:58 pm »
When I move from USA to Canada, is it advisable to sell my car here in USA and not bring it to Canada since I might not get a good resale value there?

Offline oliviabacker

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
Re: When I move from USA to Canada
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 07:57:45 pm »
Depends greatly on the type of car and its market value where you are, but in general, yes. Sell her there and buy a different one when you make it to Canada.

Also take into account that you must convert the car displays from the nearly obsolete miles/fahrenheit system to metric, it'd probably not be worth it to import the average used car to Canada at this point.

Besides, the current (as of April 2016) weakened Canadian dollar may mean that whatever you get for it in USD can get you at least the same, but often a better car across the border. O0

Offline crazything

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
Re: When I move from USA to Canada
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 08:00:21 pm »
First pf all,  I won`t recommend to do it by yourself. You see, there are a lot of scam over that subject nowadays. I would rather advise to apply to some trusted company like https://clearit.ca/ and handle all import issues safely. Clearit did all the heavy lifting and took the worry and anxiety out of everything. Hope it can help