Author Topic: FEATURE REQUEST!  (Read 14254 times)

seancwatson

FEATURE REQUEST!
« on: February 13, 2008, 02:22:01 pm »
So messing around with some of the settings in Bit Che I noticed that some of the scripts actually in fact require you to long in. Well to be honest with you, I don't feel like signing up for those sites and logging into each of them.

For actual websites there's a nifty thing called BugMeNot. The site has a firefox extension that automatically queries the bugmenot site, then submits the information and BIZAM! if the username and password is legit, you've got free access. This isn't illegal by any means, merely convenient.

So lemme get to the point. Any chance of being able to incorporate something similar to the Firefox extension (a plugin maybe) to bypass registration on the sites and allow you to use the credentials on the bugmenot site (automatically)?

Hopefully that was pretty easy to understand. If you need more info, please inform me.

THIS APP IS AWESOME, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK CHIP!

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
Re: FEATURE REQUEST!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 09:42:43 pm »
I'll point this post out to Chip (the developer). But this seems to pose many logistical problems, not least of which the total number of Bit Che users could overwhelm private sites and they'd be having to ban large amounts of accounts on a daily basis, when they worked out whose fault it was they would more than likely try and render their site in such a way it made it very difficult for Bit Che to use their search results.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 02:53:47 am by Quantum »
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

seancwatson

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 11:25:38 pm »
Meh, it sounded good.

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 03:47:50 am »
Another problem with this is A lot of these sites you need to have an invite to sign up.

If your invite goes to creating a bugmenot account not only will the bugmenot account banned so will the inviter's & on some sites the person that invited them.

Have you ever tried BugMeNot on a private torrent site.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 03:50:51 am by Bovski »

seancwatson

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 05:37:52 am »
Have you ever tried BugMeNot on a private torrent site.

Yes I have. I've used it on Demonoid (when it was up) and Pure TnA and they both worked.

Offline Bovski

• Head Cider Tester
  • High Five Me
    • View Profile
    • Warez The Index
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 09:20:11 am »
Pure TnA isn't a private site they just require registration.
Demonoid is gone there security was lacking if they didn't register to be kept off BugMeNot when an entry appeared.
I administer several sites and having your site banned from BugMeNot is a simple procedure.

The other thing is that using BugMeNot is a devious way of gaining entry to these sites if Bit Che started supporting this kind of devious behaviour we may find that it gets blocked from those sites even for legitimate users.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 01:49:24 am by Bovski »

seancwatson

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 03:49:33 pm »
True true. Let's keep Bit Che the way it is...... for the most part. The idea sounded good in my head.

someguy7337

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 11:38:14 am »
I am hope i am right to assume that this is for any requests about Bit Che.
  I think that some nice additions to Bit Che would be if at all possible the making the torrent categorized most torrents sites have categories while they are not all the some they are very similar as in "Videos/TV shows" where another site might have them separated. 

I thought that something nice would be a Peer to Seed Ratio, and Swarm Speed, while for Swarm speed i have no idea what that might in tale.

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 09:11:05 pm »
I am hope i am right to assume that this is for any requests about Bit Che.
  I think that some nice additions to Bit Che would be if at all possible the making the torrent categorized most torrents sites have categories while they are not all the some they are very similar as in "Videos/TV shows" where another site might have them separated. 

I thought that something nice would be a Peer to Seed Ratio, and Swarm Speed, while for Swarm speed i have no idea what that might in tale.

Uhhh, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Guevara Edition edition can already search for specific categories such as Music or Games.

If you want to make a feature request though, your better making a new thread here.
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Offline Exoskeletor

• Live And Let Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 08:23:44 pm »
some more feature:
the option to select the size of the history words
when we are typing a word in the search field that exist in the history to autocomplete like in the web browsers