RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: Best Media Player?  (Read 20123 times)

seancwatson

Best Media Player?
« on: February 15, 2008, 05:13:03 am »
I would like to know what the best media player is according to the Convivea community.

It needs to:
  • Have good library organization.
  • Low memory usage
  • Work on vista
  • Good sound quality
  • Can't be iTunes, Windows Media Player or Fubar

Thanks ahead of time.

kemp

Re: Best Media Player?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 04:27:34 am »
Not sure if this will help at all but, I very often use a media center because I have a tv card.
I know you said "Media Player" is out, have you used Vista Media Center at all? It uses it's own media player (tho very similar)
and it's library is decent (tho not the best).

I used to use SageTV which is another media center. It is always being developed and there are countless modifications
you can use, many you can find at their forums. The downside is, you do have to pay for it tho there is a crack for some versions ;)

Other than that, I sometimes use VLC or portable BlazeHDTV.
I have heard good things about J.River Media Center... didn't work great with my tv card tho.

seancwatson

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 02:11:27 pm »
I will definitely check those out. I do have Vista, so I may check out the media center. I never really gave it the chance. VLC I only use for movies.

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 02:21:26 pm by SEAN ✔ »

kemp

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 02:48:19 pm »
I guess when I think "media center" I am thinking primarily videos... and thinking in that direction, I made that post.
Reading your reply makes me think you are leaning towards audio... in which case I think the best out of the ones
I mentioned is likely J.River media center.

The others obviously play audio but are geared towards video.

In any case, good luck  :)

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 03:55:42 am »
I know this is an old post but if you're dealing with large quantities of music and you need good library organization, I'd have to recommend Winamp. Media Monkey I also heard is very good.

stephaniecaliso

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 09:37:22 am »
I just read this online and I wanted to share this to everyone that this is a full-featured and powerful media player for all Windows platforms (based MPUI and MPlayer), named as "Best Media Player", this free media player can play most media files, include DVD, VCD, MPEG/VOB, AVI, WMV/ASF, Ogg Vorbis, Quicktime MOV, RealMedia (RM/RMVB) and other media files, program include all most video codecs and audio codes.

rahula

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 04:43:16 pm »
well i myself really like windows media player when it comes to arranging and managing your music. its more of a well conditioned music library. but if its about ease, i'd go for Gom player

Offline jarinahpel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 04:16:58 am »
Everything you play on the gadget is marvelous. Gaming is outstanding with the distinct graphics and hundreds of addictive games available for download, another reason why it is so popular among teens.

Offline Browserman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 08:51:30 pm »
I don't know how useful this will be for you guys, but I have run MediaPortal on everything from Windows XP to Windows 8 and it works on all of them. It's now the preferred solution on my Media PC, which the family uses to watch TV shows and movies.