RefreshCapcha

Author Topic: How to recover data from Mac SSD that won't mount.  (Read 2103 times)

Offline LolomonShawn

• View Profile
    • https://applinked.me/
How to recover data from Mac SSD that won't mount.
« on: September 08, 2021, 04:56:09 pm »
So I had a random thing happen today where I was using final cut and all of the sudden the computer just hung up and froze. I closed the computer to see if it would fix it, but when I opened it, it booted to a prohibitory symbol. I then proceeded to troubleshoot. I tried booting into recovery and the disk wouldn't mount and first aid just gave an error. I then booted from a big sur internet recovery and proceeded to disk utility. From there, I attempted to mount the disk and it gave disk management error 49218 couldn't mount. I've already tried mounting, verifying, and repairing the disk through the terminal. So at this point, I'm left at data recovery because there is no backup. Any suggestions on good data recovery software (preferably free)? And how would you use those? Any help is appreciated! Device is mid 2015 15 inch MacBook pro fyi.

Offline baumleipzig

• View Profile
Re: How to recover data from Mac SSD that won't mount.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 05:39:37 pm »
Have you tried target disk mode? I guess you should try it on the second Mac. But if it's an unmountable disk, a data recovery software won't help.

Offline among1

• View Profile
Re: How to recover data from Mac SSD that won't mount.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 08:03:23 pm »
Thank you for providing this interesting topic information. I will update your follow-up articles regularly. Please continue to uphold.
girls games