Author Topic: Bit Che doesn't connect with µTorrent anymore  (Read 10787 times)

KJJ

Bit Che doesn't connect with µTorrent anymore
« on: February 14, 2010, 01:55:06 am »
Hi, I have the following question. I use Bit Che in combination with µTorrent, which worked fine till recently. But now when I push the "Open Torrent" button in the Torrent details window I don't get connected with µTorrent anymore and the Torrent details window is closed. I already deleted both Bit Che and µTorrent and reinstalled it, but the problem remains the same. Can anyone help me?

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: Bit Che doesn't connect with µTorrent anymore
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 09:43:58 am »
Mine is the same KJJ, we will have to see what the problem is.......

Offline peacefulguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 11:01:10 am »
Hi Guys, I had the same problem. I uninstalled both programmes, then reinstalled utorrent then bit che and that fixed the problem. If you install bitche first it wont register a torrent programme. Hope this helps  ;)

KJJ

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 05:08:35 am »
Thanks man, I did as you suggested and it works again. However, to be honest, the real problem seems to be the fact that my 30 days trial AVG pro version detects the Torrent as malware ; the solution is to allow it, in contradiction to what AVG suggests. I'm a little bit stupid, so the first time I just did as AVG suggested, without really unerstanding what exactly it suggested  ;D Anyway, this raises the question how safe or unsafe the Torrent is ; any opinions?

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 10:00:24 am »
I have AVG, and have no problems, it's the paid for version, but that shouldn't make any difference ;D

Offline Synbios

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 04:03:05 am »
Thanks man, I did as you suggested and it works again. However, to be honest, the real problem seems to be the fact that my 30 days trial AVG pro version detects the Torrent as malware ; the solution is to allow it, in contradiction to what AVG suggests. I'm a little bit stupid, so the first time I just did as AVG suggested, without really unerstanding what exactly it suggested  ;D Anyway, this raises the question how safe or unsafe the Torrent is ; any opinions?

p2p in nature is unsafe, every time you download something you are throwing your hands up in the air and saying "the torrent said that it was this file, but you can send whatever you want to my computer".

There's nothing you can really do about it, other than trying to download from trusted sources, not download at all, and especially always have an AV ready to attack.