Author Topic: Ban this filth  (Read 38042 times)

texasboy

Re: Ban this filth
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 09:23:58 am »
Would you not agree that modern technology has made it easier for fanatics to get to the young ones in their society. ie. you hand over a video that has been altered to show good over evil to a young person when in fact it is evil over good.

I would not

I presume this is a personal opinion and no young people are ever persuaded by hatred material  protrayed on video material. Listen to the real world. Videos on how to make bombs,videos on how to avoid detection while mingling with innocent crowds, videos on how to keep a low profile before you act. All at the instructions of religious clerics, who ,themselves will not go out and commit  the evil deed. Yes.! get the no-hopers to go out and do it for them. Makes me sick when I think there are leaders of religious groups out there living in the ancient pagan past that still want to kill all those in front of them to provide some sort of Ego for themseves." Allah is merciful"
cheers
cheers

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
  • Daniel Jackson is looking at you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 09:34:26 am »
 :D

You honestly think a Video Game can teach people to kill someone more than a James Bond movie or a spy novel?  ::)
Daniel: "This tastes like chicken."
Carter: "So what's wrong with it?"
Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

texasboy

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 06:02:49 am »

You honestly think a Video Game can teach people to kill someone more than a James Bond movie or a spy novel?  ::)

Yes.! Very much so.  People recognise James Bond for what it is "a movie for entertainment". But an altered video game showing precise details on how to make a bomb,and making it seem that this is a great idea on how to serve your leaders is another.
cheers

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 06:18:16 am »

Yes.! Very much so.  People recognise James Bond for what it is "a movie for entertainment". But an altered video game showing precise details on how to make a bomb,and making it seem that this is a great idea on how to serve your leaders is another.
cheers

So does a bomb making manual, much better as well. Where do video games come in to play as an more significant than current propaganda?

texasboy

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 08:10:48 am »
Propaganda. You have hit the nail on the head. When a young person has the choice of sitting down and pouring over a manual,or watching explicit details  step by step visual instructions on a video with someone actually showing them how to do it ??. Mind you, we are talking altered video`s by those who wish to inject their hatred on general mankind. Normal video games are not in question here. And dont forget that a lot of young ones in todays society have poor skills at reading and video footage is more appealing.
cheers

Offline Quantum

• Ascended One
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 10:03:00 am »
Propaganda. You have hit the nail on the head. When a young person has the choice of sitting down and pouring over a manual,or watching explicit details  step by step visual instructions on a video with someone actually showing them how to do it ??. Mind you, we are talking altered video`s by those who wish to inject their hatred on general mankind. Normal video games are not in question here. And dont forget that a lot of young ones in todays society have poor skills at reading and video footage is more appealing.
cheers

Your original link was in fact asking to ban normal video games.

Video footage maybe, I doubt terrorist organisations currently have the technical competence to make even mildly interesting video games.

texasboy

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 08:05:23 am »
]

Your original link was in fact asking to ban normal video games.

Possibly but both you and I slightly changed the run of things,lol

I doubt terrorist organisations currently have the technical competence to make even mildly interesting video games.

You are kidding?? They are not common shopkeepers ,but have some of the best computer literate brains and corporate experts working in their midst.

Perhaps we have stretched this topic and time to lay it to rest?
cheers
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 08:06:56 am by texasboy »

Offline TheHalf™

• The"better"Half™
  • Road Runner H.S.I. 30Mbps/5Mbps
    • View Profile
    • Bit Che
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 04:11:55 pm »
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 04:15:25 pm by TheHalf™ »

MinLo

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 04:37:11 pm »
Watching the news is worse than playing any video games IMO........Sorry Tex, but video games are an easy target to blame underlying problems on.......If somebody is unstable or unhappy that is enough to lead them to find an answer whether its a realistic solution or a false solution........

Nearly everything on the news nowadays is something horrible.......Everything negative is televised or on the web........From the Great AHH(whatever Bush called the first airstrike in Iraq) to the Twin Towers getting blown up, to the poor girl getting jumped in Florida,US.......These images bring children fear and anxiety 10 times worse than any video game....The kids in poor countries watching their family die from war is worse.........The lack of parenting and social stability are the problems. Social classes is a problem(rich, poor).

Since negativity always ends up getting airtime it gives youth reason to commit crimes to become famous or someone who'll end in the history books. There is so many factors or situations that create violence before a video game will.

I think video games are a little vivid. Being a parent now I wont purposely put violent games into my daughters hands. But ultimately I'm more worried about the real world than what a video game will bring them.

The real world there is people getting killed for know reason, people starving, corrupt governments, corupt corporations, mentally ill minds .
A rich family lives wealthy with money gaining interest in a bank while a poor family barely lives to see another day.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 04:40:24 pm by MinLo »

MinLo

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 06:03:05 pm »
All in all after my tired rant.....lol

If you got rid of video games in its entirety there would be just as much violent acts by the youth as there is now.......
If you got rid of the news it probably would be the same level of violence also........

Too many factors involved to label one factor or activity as the cause of the violence........
I believe youth/senseless violence has been happening around the same rate forever but wasn't as publicized.....
It's animal nature

Saying video games cause violence is like saying soccer/futbol kills people when soccer fans fight outside games.....soccer doesn't kill people dumb fans kill people

Sorry for the long runon paragraph and double post ;D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 04:45:33 am by MinLo »