Author Topic: Where am I?  (Read 602020 times)

cissie

Re: Where am I?
« Reply #600 on: August 07, 2007, 07:39:57 pm »
umm... well seeing as i still can't figure it out.. more please.. :)

gr1ngo

« Reply #601 on: August 07, 2007, 09:23:14 pm »
;D ;D Well I can tell you its somewhat central to the America`s. Near a former british outpost. Warm and sunny all year round except for the occassional hurricane. How many more clues do you need. ::)
cheers

here we go...could it be British Honduras now Belize..stab in the dark.

texasboy

« Reply #602 on: August 08, 2007, 10:56:00 pm »
;D ;D Well I can tell you its somewhat central to the America`s. Near a former british outpost. Warm and sunny all year round except for the occassional hurricane. How many more clues do you need. ::)
cheers

here we go...could it be British Honduras now Belize..stab in the dark.
Well done gringo, Now that you have the area , I still need a name for my photo.
Sorry to be so late but was working on one of the Stena Line ferrys and ended sailing over to Fleetwood in england, just back.

And Billy if your watching I tried a pint of Boddingtons smooth and a 2nd one of the cask, in the Fleetwood Arms  ;D
cheers
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 07:06:22 am by texasboy »

texasboy

« Reply #603 on: August 13, 2007, 07:24:26 am »
 ;D Couldnt even catch billy for a comment on the Boddingtons. So here goes your answer.

The Blue Hole in the ocean off Belize is a spectacular sight from the air and a treat for divers. It's believed to have been formed after the Ice Age, when ice melted and the sea rose, covering what was once a huge cave system. Divers can explore that now-flooded collection of caverns which brims with barracuda, sharks, coral, angelfish and many other sea critters.

Thats all folks.
cheers

texasboy

« Reply #604 on: August 22, 2007, 08:45:23 am »
 ;D After a short delay I thought of another easy one to keep you  on the ball.

Your mothers coconuts  will be a good clue to a popular destination(EU)  Cantona will help for general location.
Where am I ???
cheers

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 22, 2007, 04:58:41 pm »
Bratitslava.........

cissie

« Reply #606 on: August 22, 2007, 10:12:22 pm »
Brest  - France

Howzat Tex.. hehe

texasboy

« Reply #607 on: August 23, 2007, 03:56:52 am »
 ;D ;D Billy/cissie, It absolutely amazes me  how good your guesses are, Bra-tit-slaves-brests (am I allowed to say all that :-[)  And of course if you have read this far you will know that you are wrong ;D
Was thinking more of the family tree for the first part,and perhaps  the forename as an ending to the general area. This is so`ooo easy I am beginning to enjoy myself,hola
cheers
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 03:58:35 am by texasboy »

cissie

« Reply #608 on: August 23, 2007, 06:49:17 am »
omg... i really thought i was right.... :( 

And Tex.. i didn't even understand what Billy posted... until you broke it down.

I got the French side from the footy player.. got a map and went around the coast... saw Brest, and thought that would be the correct one.  Please don't put my mind in the same category of Mr. Billy... hehe.

Offline billyfridge

• Unstoppable
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 23, 2007, 05:46:44 pm »

hmmmmmmm ::)

texasboy

« Reply #610 on: August 24, 2007, 06:14:10 am »
 ;D ;D  As I always say. Original clues. Yer mama`s coconuts? Family tree??. And mr cantona who is indeed French lol. His forename + a bit of what he used to play with ( not quite correct spelling,but sounds like. ;D I have been slipping in additional clues as I go along. Bet you chip would have this one guessed in seconds.

cheers
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 07:39:59 am by texasboy »

texasboy

« Reply #611 on: August 25, 2007, 04:35:54 am »
Welcome spidergee. Will get another mod to move your question to perhaps "computers", Or if you click on computers and then "new topic", Give it a title ie "cd download problems". then everyone will see your new thread and give you some help. hope this helps. In the meantime try. http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html
cheers
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 07:10:54 am by texasboy »

texasboy

« Reply #612 on: August 27, 2007, 06:59:43 am »
;D ;D  As I always say. Original clues. Yer mama`s coconuts? Family tree??. And mr cantona who is indeed French lol. His forename + a bit of what he used to play with ( not quite correct spelling,but sounds like. ;D I have been slipping in additional clues as I go along. Bet you chip would have this one guessed in seconds.

cheers

Still waiting on an answer from you lot. ;D

cissie

« Reply #613 on: August 29, 2007, 10:47:20 pm »
Looks like Marseilles to me, but the clues don't fit.

texasboy

« Reply #614 on: August 30, 2007, 05:36:45 am »
Looks like Marseilles to me, but the clues don't fit.

;D Of course the clues dont fit Marseilles ::)
I even said hola in one of my posts. So to put you out of your misery.
Coconuts/family tree? is the Palm
Yer mama or ma
Equals Palma Mallorca (Spain) which is in the Balearic islands. BAL-E-ARIC. Aric pronounced eric (forename of Cantona)
Ball-he eric.lol
Correct answer is Palma
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palma_de_Mallorca
So easy.
cheers