Author Topic: Have I been hacked, or did someone slave my pc?  (Read 8143 times)

Offline tymal77

• View Profile
Have I been hacked, or did someone slave my pc?
« on: March 12, 2019, 10:20:36 pm »
This really freaked me out this morning. I booted up my laptop, logged in with a pin and right before my eyes, someone started opening tons of files and programs on my desktop.
They opened my photo folders, my streaming program, two of my audio recording programs, a program that connects the HP to my phone, Control Panel and more. I did not have these programs open when I shut down. I double and triple checked to make sure my mouse was off and I wasn’t leaning on keys. I watched this person continue to open and look through my stuff EVEN IN AIRPLANE mode! When they started getting into my settings, I tried to move the mouse over to close the window and was met with resistance. I finally got all of the windows closed, and the person or program seemed to finally stop. I rebooted, and nothing happened. Ran malwarebytes and cc cleaner which didn’t show anything. I’m restoring from a back up now and will be running my antivirus to see if that turns anything up. It’s freaking me out quite a bit. I’m planning to take it to a computer shop to see if they can find anything too. Luckily I thought to catch some of it on video, as I’m sure explaining this to someone will make me sound crazy. Anyone have any ideas what could have caused this??downloader.vip/ccleaner www.happywheels.vip vlc.onl
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 04:37:00 am by tymal77 »

Offline AnythingOldSchool

• View Profile
Re: Have I been hacked, or did someone slave my pc?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 12:54:15 am »
First, you should never use torrents unless you are absolutely sure of what you are doing. Second, stay away from executable files. Third changed the password on your network, if you don't know how, ask someone with the patience to show you how. Fourth, change the password on your computer. Fifth, get a VPN. Sixth, stay away from trackers with malware. Seventh, get a good anti-virus, not that free shit.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:58:38 am by AnythingOldSchool »

Offline carmax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 12:29:29 am »
Are you sure you were hacked? How horrible. This is why I prefer using Mac computers, not PC. Macs are not so vulnerable to brute force and viruses. So I feel much safer there. So perhaps your problem is also something different.

Offline zobralo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 03:33:04 am »
I am not prone to treat all computer malfunctioning to hackers attack. You must keep some real value on your computer to invoke any interest towards you. On Macs performance is often affected by the stuffed memory, so maybe here it is the same. Once I learned how to delete the other storage on mac I stopped having any problems with my computer whatsoever. It even started to boot faster. So begin with check up first and let me know if it helps.

Offline baadal457

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 03:14:56 am »
Use Avast Hack Check to see if any of your accounts have been hacked.
If so, change your passwords immediately — or have a strong one created for you. Use our password generator
Then set up alerts to ensure that you're notified of other hacks in the future. Want 24/7 account monitoring?

Offline OAnderson83

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2022, 10:30:49 pm »
It's hard to tell without proper scanning and results of it. Maybe try formatting your pc and see if anything's changed. You can also try installing Linux and won't have these issues in the future. Much better than Windows.

Offline luciajwilliams472

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2022, 06:40:10 pm »
Yeah, I have the same thing and it makes me paranoid. My mouse was defective and somehow clicked those ads, my pc is not the same. I have to bring it to the technician. commercial mobile welding norfolk

Offline Cermit

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2022, 07:01:11 pm »
Well, you have to be careful. I'm sure that you used not too strong security systems or too simple passwords, and therefore you were hacked. By the way, it even applies to the choice of developers. If you don't want to run into scammers, you need to choose developers carefully. Now I work with marketplace website development company and I'm sure that I'll get a really high-quality result, which will be convenient for me to work with and develop my business.

Offline Whysocky123

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2022, 09:51:38 pm »
I recently found a great service that allows you to compress pdf files online with a couple of clicks to send them by mail. This is an extremely handy feature and it is very strange that it does not work properly in acrobat. For that reason, I recommend you try https://www.pdfplatform.com/compress. It's the only one I use.