Author Topic: Bit Che & Sophos v7  (Read 5683 times)

g_lamb

Bit Che & Sophos v7
« on: September 16, 2008, 06:45:18 pm »
Sophos v7.3.5 is detecting Bit_Che.exe with "Mal/EncPk-EY". Unable to "Authorize" file in Quarantine as access is denied. Can't use app :'(

Help please...

p.s. I'm using v1.0.6.0 of Bit Che

Offline chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Administrator
  • Unstoppable
    • View Profile
Re: Bit Che & Sophos v7
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 06:25:25 pm »
thank you for registering and joining our forums!!!

but to answer your question, there is NO virus in Bit Che.

if your anti -virus detects... or blocks Bit Che... please understand that anti-virus programs are NOT perfect.

Bit Che uses a file compressor to keep the file size small and some adware/viruses out on the internet have been using the same compressor. then, these anti-virus programs get LAZY at detecting viruses from legitimate programs and thats why you have some anti-virus programs reporting that Bit Che is infected when really, the program is 100% clean.

I scan my system and all files with multiple online virus scanners, I would never upload any package of software to the internet that is infected.

If you are getting a warning from your Anti-Virus program, please continue to let us KNOW.. but also, please understand that the Anti-Virus program is reporting what is known as a "false-positive".

you can google that if you would like more information, since EVERY anti-virus program on the internet will explain to you about false-positive virus detections.

thanks,  hope that helps!!

-chip
  -  https://convivea.com  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.